ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 clios at the nurburgring

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
One was danh90 in a ph1. Also saw a 200 with Clio lad as reg and saw it on way t Belgium too. A 172 with plo as he reg and an 09 plate 200. I was in a silver ph2 cup and did the rsr day.

Ph1 T
what day was you on track mate? i did 3 on sunday and 8 on monday was awesome and great weather

Ph1 T
Car was great got just below the 9.30's but most importantly had fun and came back in one piece, will get some photos and vids up later, blew a plug on the drive home but other than that spot on :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nice one mate, glad the car performed well. Let me know when the videos are up would love to see them.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
We went on Monday. Saw you on Sunday too but I was fucked from the drive down from Southport! Saw you a lot. We stood at brunchen and watched and then went on in the rsr Clio 200 then a passenger lap with some lad in an m3 csl. Anyone know him on here? We as also saw the Clios when we did a lotus driving tour of the area. That was ace. Your Clio make it there with no dramas?. My Speedo died but has fixed itself and my coilpack went on the way back to brussels!

Ph1 T
We got down sat a couple of lads went out but I didn't then had a couple Sunday but Monday went mad was loving it and the car was taking everything I gave it, no problems what so ever other than on the drive home pulled off motorway stood at a junction and just heard this big bang one of my plugs had blew out luckily one of lads had some spares,

Was you with another clio? Them m3's are mental on track awesome

Ph1 T
If it was aimed at me there was a silver and black one stripped together I seen quite a lot from englans

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Any chance was the reg of the other Clio yn02 plo?

Thats the ph2 172 I saw yeah.

I didnt go down with other clios. Went with my bro, was all a bit last minute and got ferry from dover to dunkirk and i did all the driving. was KNACKERED.
Just got back home about 10 minutes ago, I started this thread on my phone on the ferry.

Defo going back to do it again sometime. And I only brought the spare coilpack with me as i had a spare lying around in the garage - so glad i did now!

And yeah theat M3 CSL we went in was brutal. He really knew the track too. Hit 150+ at one point. Reg was M500 CSL, anyone know him? Geordie lad?

Clio 172 PH2
The stripped silver ph1 and stripped black ph2 were myself (joe) and graham! Both standard cars just stripped and springs. Both cars performed well,

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Was he in a silver m3? With a lass (decent) lol

Yeah. His mrs had only passed her test 8 months ago and she went round in the Clio 200 aswell while he was taking us round in his CSL. She was pretty good/brave too considering. That thing was immense though.

Was surprised to see how much the Mini Coopers dominated the track considering how much abuse they get on here. Seriously considering getting one.

Ph1 T
I know yeah I seen about 4 smashing it round granted they were all German so guessing they will know the track pretty well,,

I seriously want an m3 lol

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I seriously need a Porsche GT3 RS! They owned the track, those and the corvettes. Best get saving. Can't wait to go back.

Clio 172 PH2
Yeah seen you guys quite a lot you have any moments on track or find it okay

As i said cars were standard so there is a lot of work needed, before i return in april! it was nice taking a standard car to create a benchmark if you know what i mean. Saying that i think we suprised a lot of people, including myself. Only moment i had really was the crap crap brakes when hot at high speed didnt fill me with confidence. i will be returning in october in my 200. may get the odd sneaky lap in.

vx220 + 172 cup
Yn02plo is mine mate was there with a Williams Clio and a phase 1 172 silver. Dan did u own my car at some point

997 GT3 RS
Thats the ph2 172 I saw yeah.

I didnt go down with other clios. Went with my bro, was all a bit last minute and got ferry from dover to dunkirk and i did all the driving. was KNACKERED.
Just got back home about 10 minutes ago, I started this thread on my phone on the ferry.

Defo going back to do it again sometime. And I only brought the spare coilpack with me as i had a spare lying around in the garage - so glad i did now!

And yeah theat M3 CSL we went in was brutal. He really knew the track too. Hit 150+ at one point. Reg was M500 CSL, anyone know him? Geordie lad?

Haha just stumbled on this thread. That was me in the CSL. Cracking day that was.

997 GT3 RS
Ha no way, how's it going? Still got the csl?
I did until a month ago. Sold it to my best mate. I bought a GT3 RS not long after we were at the ring and the CSL never really got much use after that. Mate was after one so let it go.

Jo's second ever lap driving around the ring (since her Clio lap) was driving my RS with an instructor. Dunno who was more white when they got back me or her lol

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Got to keep that csl within reach mate they're too good to let go!

Yeah my mate from Durham bought a gt3 and his dad took his sls last year and we went over in my Ep3, gt3 is so at home there what a car. He sold it a month ago tho, wasn't off a guy called Jason was it?!

We have been every year now, booked to go this August.

Those r4r swifts are a good laugh. You back this year?