ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 x Extreme VR1 tyres

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to do with me - but I just spotted these on Facebook and thought that at £45 a tyre they are very good value. Brand new, E-marked, road legal ..... and the S2 compound only came out this year so they can't be old tyres. Also the VR1 will be an MSA List 1B tyre from 1st January next year and can therefore be used in competitions.

Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum :)

tyres.jpg

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Think they're more of a drift tyre, will still be better than a road tyre on track though. I'm on the hunt for some proper slicks ATM :smilingimp:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Titanium 182
I saw them on FB too, the Exteme tyre guys said they are soft side wall only?!

Someone should test them, but it won't be me 😂

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  R53 GR86
Are these what you run Graham ? Wonder if they are worth getting for next season if Longton etc go from 1a to 1B tyres.

Trader Rating - 86.4%
19   3   0
  330i. E30 Touring.
Not sure i'd be choosing tyres aimed at drifting for a FWD track day.

In fact, i'd rather spend £50 a corner on PS3's.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the Extreme VR2s for about 12 months now .... very, very popular competition tyre for sprinting and hill climbing. I've used the R5 / soft compound for competitions and the R7 / medium for track days ...... very, very good in the dry and I have no hesitation in recommending them for front wheel drive cars such as Clios. My times in the Clio on VR2s were faster than R888Rs.
My interest in the VR1s is as a possible wet weather competition tyre.