ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

42 day ban £50 fine

on boxing day i was caught doing 126mph on the motorway, after talking to the officer when he pulled me over i BEGGED for him to let me off, he said he will put down that i was only doing 96mph. went into court this morning, with my letter saying if i lose my license or get more then 3 points(wont be able to get insured) my dad would have to shut his shop because he cant run it without my help. Was hoping for a shorter disq. period but the fine seems quite small. Thoughts?

Lionel Richie

£50 fine?????? I wouldve been happier with a bigger fine and no ban!!!!

Is your insurance up the spout now then?????

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Watched a traffic police program on BBC1 last week and this bloke got clocked doing about 130 average speed. He got a hefty fine and 2 months ban but thats it. He later admitted to doing over 170mph and was well chuffed with the result. Funilly enough the coppers were parked up on M1 J30 which I can see from my bedroom window. Lucky mailto:b@stard">b@stard

BTW it was on a bike!

My dad was clocked doing a similar naughty speeds, his ban was minimal as he claimed driving was essential for his job and his employees relyed on him. Hefty fine though, so hefty he wont tell me how much!

Thats what i was hoping for, but 6 weeks ban and a samll fine, would have preffered it to be the other way round, having said that, i now have 6 weeks to get my dent sorted, and the willy dropped in!!;)

Whats your insurance going to be like?

I thought that you have to be doing over a 100mph to get a ban!

I would have been well pissed off with that. If i got caught doing 96mph then i would just want a fine.

Quote: Originally posted by klmillard on 21 March 2003

Whats your insurance going to be like?

I thought that you have to be doing over a 100mph to get a ban!

I would have been well pissed off with that. If i got caught doing 96mph then i would just want a fine.

thats a good point!! i think you do have to be going over 100 to get a ban!!!

under it an SP50 is 3-6 points??

My father in law got 12 points with 4 SP30s. the 1st in May 2000 and the last Sep 2002. So 3 points roll off in just over 2 months. His old firm went into liquidation and just got a new job he has to drive to every day, not possible to take trains or busses (Danbury to Harlow if anyone knows the drive) and needs to go and see clients around the country.

Went to court last week, with a letter from his new employers (he had just been there 2 weeks) and is 57 yrs old.

What did he get?????

A 6 month ban!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it!!!!. He knows he was guilty and hoped for a large fine or maybe a small ban. But a £200- fine and 6 months was a bit excessive. They were all from Gatsos and like 5 mph over the limit.

I suppose thats what we get from living in Essex.

172CUP

Quote: Originally posted by 172Cup on 21 March 2003

My father in law got 12 points with 4 SP30s. the 1st in May 2000 and the last Sep 2002. So 3 points roll off in just over 2 months. His old firm went into liquidation and just got a new job he has to drive to every day, not possible to take trains or busses (Danbury to Harlow if anyone knows the drive) and needs to go and see clients around the country.

Went to court last week, with a letter from his new employers (he had just been there 2 weeks) and is 57 yrs old.

What did he get?????

A 6 month ban!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it!!!!. He knows he was guilty and hoped for a large fine or maybe a small ban. But a £200- fine and 6 months was a bit excessive. They were all from Gatsos and like 5 mph over the limit.

I suppose thats what we get from living in Essex.

172CUP

Maybe they think he didnt learn his lesson the first time so this is a way of making sure he doesnt do it again?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If i were you i would have begged for a bigger fine and less point (or no ban)

you never know they might have had sympathy for you.

I am not going to lecture you about speeding cause we all do it, and we have all pushed it at some point or another over the ton.

42 day ban....itll fly by mate! ive been banned for 6 months now and to be honest.....you get used to it!:) the biggest barstewerd is not being able to cruise around the town with the tunes pumpin....miss doin that the most! i was caught racin a renult 19 16v at over 110 in a 30mph zone on the wrong side of the road overtakin 7 cars! the copper was in a volvo t5 an i didnt even know he was there till i stopped at some red lights. got charged with dangerous drivin but it took 5months to get to court so you know i made the most of my time as a driver. got 50hrs comunity service, 12months probation, no fine and 150 costs! was lucky to keep outta prison so i was told. got another 12months to go......and then i can re-take my test! god.....ive just realy depressed myself now!:(

i saw some other thing the other day with some guy on a moterbike, he zoomed past a t5 down a motorway or dual carriage way, and was clocked with an average speed of 120mph, anyhow, when the old bill caught him they said to him, speeding aint dangerous because he wasnt undertaking and cutting up and things like that, so what do th police do? let him off scott free! nice of them

Matt

Matt - I saw that programme too. He didnt get off; they gave him a speeding ticket. The motorcyclist was on at the end of the programme and said he went to Court and got a ban. It looked as if he got off becuase they said "be on your way son" at the end.

Revels Mum & Sister

I think it is Usually 6 points and above effects you licence.

An example my mate has 9 Points on his licence. one SP30 and one SP60

His insurance on an 106 XSI with 2 years no claims and pass plus is £1300!!!

And for a valver was just stupid about £2400

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Matt, Ben, thats the one i was on about. The cops were sat on the sliproad about 2 mins from my house. They were racing down the sliproad when the saw him go past....lol

My insurance with 3 points is about £60 more than it would be with no points.

I went though a speed camera at over 100mph in my old 16V Golf gti - fortunatly the speedo must have been way out as I got done with 86mph - SP30