ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

438 CATCAMS

Renault Clio 182
Just some feedback as not many people have posted about the 438's, Had them fitted last week

Clio 182 FF Made 174Bhp standard and after the cams had been fitted and a remap it made 194BHP Torque wise was around 170-180 Idle is brilliant now really smooth wich was a bonus as i have the solid mounts and it was a nightmare on idle but now seems perfect, all round drives alot better and pulls earlier on through the range

IMO money well spent

Renault Clio 182
Yer was k-tec correction torque was 174 either way I'm happy with it pulls a ton better and drives so much nicer very impressed with k-tec had all belts and dephaserdone and the rocker cover was leaking so all sorted now but wud highly recommend

Renault Clio 182
I wasn't really to concerned about massive gains just more of a drivable car and peace of mind now the belts are changed as was unsure on the previous owner changing them
Will try and get the graphs up I got from k-tec

Golf GTD Mk7
those torque figures are shocking. i'm only running 170 on 421's (essentially the same cams) and high comp bottom end. What rollers was that on?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
as stated previously it was on ktecs own rolling road. no real suprise there. maybe they sprinkled the cams with fairy dust before they fitted them.

Renault Clio 182
Umm K-tec racing Reading 174 Torque, What i dont understand is why is everbody so bothered by figures? driveability was what i was looking for not some figures on a peace of paper, yes i did want to see power increases but i didnt go there with set ammounts of what to expect i posted the results up as i read not long back that most people that have the 438 cams installed are not big forum users but every thread seems to turn in to having to prove gains and how accurate a certain set of rollers seem to be? and then ends up in a battle of the garages /cams, just saying people these are the gains printed on the sheet and the car to me feels great looking forward to some track days to see the real results

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dont take it so personally mate, Im sure the car is MUCH better now.

But if you quote specific figures, expect people to mention if they seem a bit improbable.

If you dont care about the figures, and dont want peoples input on the figures, just dont mention them.

Renault Clio 182
Thats a fair comment mate and it was not taken personally atall posted the figures for other people that may be having them fitted so im guessing alot of people dont think k-tec's rr is accurate?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No rolling road anywhere is accurate TBH, it cant ever be when quoting flywheel figures.

But those figures are higher than what I'd expect on the rollers im used to, and obviously a few others too.

Umm K-tec racing Reading 174 Torque, What i dont understand is why is everbody so bothered by figures? driveability was what i was looking for not some figures on a peace of paper, yes i did want to see power increases but i didnt go there with set ammounts of what to expect i posted the results up as i read not long back that most people that have the 438 cams installed are not big forum users but every thread seems to turn in to having to prove gains and how accurate a certain set of rollers seem to be? and then ends up in a battle of the garages /cams, just saying people these are the gains printed on the sheet and the car to me feels great looking forward to some track days to see the real results

wouldn't worry about it myself.....what ever you do or say some one has done it better, knows how to improve or will just take a pop....I'm getting a set and I know it'll be an improvement over standard...It'll be mapped and I'll, no doubt, record results on here for all to see after my first track day, Brands 12th March. The car drives fine now so tbh figures are figures...you only have to look at the vid posted earlier of brands with a standard sport keeping up with an M3, not on the straights as we all know, in the right hands a clio is just a kart and I think most tracks I've been all the bends are longer than the straights.........reel them in and wait for the mistake.....happens everytime I've sat on someone waiting.....

Renault Clio 182
I see, well either way i will certainly recommend them. As there the only set i have ever had fitted in my clio i cant compare to any other than standard, that IMO are shite but thats only because the rough idel bugged me but from all the cam threads they all seem to get a good review's and gains wise just not as much as i think people would like for the money

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
just not as much as i think people would like for the money

Same with the RS2 or an exhaust or anything like that really.

I think because a cliosport is essentially a 2K car now, people think if they spend a grand plus on engine mods its going to mean it suddenly gains masses of power, but the world doesnt work like that.
Even modest gains are expensive on these engines.

Renault Clio 182
I will eventually go down the throttle body route but for the time being I will save my pennys i need to sort out the suspension next as shocks have seen better days but other than that great little cars, what i like the most is every one under estimates them and usually is in for a shock as you leave them behind

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I will eventually go down the throttle body route but for the time being I will save my pennys i need to sort out the suspension next as shocks have seen better days but other than that great little cars, what i like the most is every one under estimates them and usually is in for a shock as you leave them behind

Glad you are enjoying car.

Don't bother with ITB's. Just enjoy the car as it is now rather than spending loads on it is my advice :)

Renault Clio 182
Yer wouldnt mind getting it on the track see what its like with the cams, anyone doing silverstone this year??

E36 M3. 182
Did you get the torque figure from the 'before' run aswell, That'd show the real gains from the cams/remap. 20 BHP at peak is a fair chunk!

Renault Clio 182
one the first run before cams it was 174.8/9 bhp and torque was showing as 165 only mods on the car are full exhaust with decat matched inlets and custom induction

Megane 225 F1
Why is it that people will only slate a car when it makes a decent power / torque output. I really don't understand. I bet if he had the same figures from some where that people bum like TDF, it would be ok, but because it's K-tec where people have a problem with, it's not accurate all of a sudden.

Glad you're happy with the car mate :)

Renault Clio 182
Thanks mate i can say it has to be the best car i have owned good fuel economy not what i would call slow and drived like a go cart:approve:

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
some good gains there must be pleased with the results. Nevermind the results its how the car drives that important :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why is it that people will only slate a car when it makes a decent power / torque output. I really don't understand. I bet if he had the same figures from some where that people bum like TDF, it would be ok, but because it's K-tec where people have a problem with, it's not accurate all of a sudden.

Glad you're happy with the car mate :)

Did anyone actually slate it?

Few people had a slight giggle at the figures they think are possibly optimistic but all actual comments about the result were actually positive not slating it.