ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4Pot Review

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have recently bought some 4pots from a well known manufacturer and despite one problem, being the wrong discs were sent out; I have to admit I am extremely pleased with the delivery and service of K-Tec.

I purchased some Hi-Spec 4-pots with 285mm discs and all the fittings, the price was the least satisfying part of this modification as I was aware I could buy similar products from alternate suppliers cheaper. Although saying that, I was happy that after being promised the kit would arrive between 2-3 weeks later I received a parcel approximately 10 days after the initial request. After finding out the discs were wrong I spoke to David(?) (I think) and he was very nice and pleasant and sorted the issue out for me, he even confirmed what he had done by ringing me back which I was extremely pleased with.

The brake fitting was a pain in the ass, as most people will be aware the union nuts are a nightmare. One side came free and was fine but the other side required cutting and new a nut. Despite these problems I finally had them fitted a couple of weeks ago and I am extremely happy with the performance of these brakes. The are exactly what I expected, there is an instant bite to the pedal and the speedo drops pretty quickly with no great effort required, and whilst under moderate and heavy breaking the car feels very firm and safe.

My perception and review of them may be a bit complementary due to the very poor brakes which came on my car as standard, but whilst testing the brakes I find myself amazed at what they can actually do, the power seems so immense and the way the car nose-dives whilst applying full pressure is a lot of fun. It gives me so much more confidence in the car and I enjoy driving it so much more at the moment. The only negative with the brakes is the squeak which you get after giving them a bit of grief, as well as the prolonged light scraping noise which I am told takes place when running in the pads.

The reason for the review is I know a lot of people consider buying performance brakes and whilst expensive I feel that it was a very worthwhile modification, and i am happy who and what i chose.

What pads did you go for? If there quite a hard compund and 4 pot stuff is usally race stuff so squueking isn't an issue for race teams as they don't care about noise.

Sounds like the working well.
Any ahnace of a picture of the old caliper brackets please I'm trying to write a guide on upgrading/changing to 259mm disks and i ve no caliper brackets just the caliper brackets.

Are the calipers dust sealed?

There great though 4 pots I miss mine.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
i have green stuff fast road pads, and anti squeak sticky rubber bits, but that doesnt stop them.

the calipers are dust sealed.

moved to eastham now edde so you could come round and take your own pics lol.

Jamie_Williams3 said:
i have green stuff fast road pads, and anti squeak sticky rubber bits, but that doesnt stop them.

the calipers are dust sealed.

moved to eastham now edde so you could come round and take your own pics lol.
Congratulations, hows the new house?

Should ahve held out for some wilwoods, decent dust sealed midilites, none of this antiquated un sealed dynalite shite thats flying around

Williams 2
So what size are the discs that K-Tec sent you in then end....cos I have their Big Brake Kit with 285mm disc, so was wondering whether a 4-pot caliper could fit under a 15inc wheel with this disc size?

MattyH16v said:
So what size are the discs that K-Tec sent you in then end....cos I have their Big Brake Kit with 285mm disc, so was wondering whether a 4-pot caliper could fit under a 15inc wheel with this disc size?
Yep it will.