ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5-a-Side Football - Surrey Area

B

BigMan

A good kick about last night I thought!

As you all will know the Chertsey 6-a-side league is no more. Just wondering what everyone is thinking for our next move? Shall we still stick to the park for the remaining part of the Summer, but baring in mind the nights will be drawing in shortly. The other option is to return to indoor football or another option is to join another league somewhere in Surrey?

Just wondering what everyone is thinking. I still think it is a good idea that we can still all come together one night of the week and kick a ball about and mock each other with our poor playing ability, specially Nick's and of course mine. ;) ... I just hope that this will continue.

Petrol Blue 182.
whys the league no more? we can revert back to indoor, but keep it low numbers, 20 odd people is chaos lol

B

BigMan

whys the league no more? we can revert back to indoor, but keep it low numbers, 20 odd people is chaos lol

The league died due to lack of interest from other teams so the company organising it cut their losses. We can go back in doors and def agree to keep it to a sensible level. 10 a side simply does not work in an indoor court.

Also with the weather drawing in we cannot continue playing in the park. So in doors maybe an option.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'd be happy with indoors again, tbh.

It's the same old thing though, sometimes you get six people turn up, other times, 16!

We just need to play each week as it comes.

I think Dave's got a session in credit with Staines LC, so when he gets back from France, we can get him to book it up..

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Im back, bet you all missed me ;)

Shame to hear about the league, was v. enjoyable!! Perhaps sensible to see if we can find an indoor league locally? Our previous efforts at Staines were good, but didnt really do anything for our fitness and/or ability tbh ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
It wont be tomorrow i wouldnt hve thought, but ill organise/book something for next week ...

Does anyone fancy meeting up for food tomoz eve? No Staines meet means i miss all your pretty faces :(

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I deleted the pms before replying stupidly...but I'll be there if we can book Tuesday.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Tuesday is now booked at Staines Leisure Centre.

9pm-10pm as previously.

I had wanted to do earlier (as i now commute in everyday & this means hanging around for hours) but they didnt have any space, so we may have to look into another location moving forwards.

1. Sir_Dave

Focus ST170
Hey guys, if this is this tuesday (7th sep) ill come along? would like to get back into some fitness regime, but could'nt do the thursday nights in the league.. and with busting my shoulder that was me done. Anyway ill have a chat with you tue's?

J

1. Sir_Dave
2. Nick172Cup
3. Vish
4. Couzens
5. Ollie
6. John

mk2 clio 1.2
im from london so i suppose its not that far. where abouts in surrey will you guys be playing. ill put in my sat nav to see how far if i do come.

330i. E30 Touring.
You can kip at mine if you want.

I finish work at 6.30pm, so roll over whenever (that includes you, Ollie) and we'll rock down the pub?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Sweet. I'll roll on over sometime after 6.30 then. I'll relieve you of my 2118's as well......and maybe even chuck some of the engine mount cash at you if you're nice.

Focus ST170
Sorry guys something has come up and i wont be able to make it tonight, if you do start doing something like this again keep me informed and ill come as regular as i can.
Sorry again fella's have fun later!
J

330i. E30 Touring.
What're we thinking for tomorrow night then lads?

Who fancies football, who fancies driving range again?

I'm good for either.