ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 days into new ownership and exhaust has fell off

Renault 5 GT Turbo & 172
Right, on the motorway today and I'm thinking.....bloody hell my exhaust suddenly sounds a little louder......

it got louder and louder until i got home to have a look.

So, what's the best option, I want it hidden like standard. Who's the cheapest high street place to get it replaced and what are peoples opinions on the stealth systems?

Attachments

• IMG00522-20100616-1723.jpg
    IMG00522-20100616-1723.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG00523-20100616-1723.jpg
    IMG00523-20100616-1723.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 98
  Renault 5 GT Turbo & 172
Right, Jacked it up and the back box is fine, it's the center section that has broken on a weld just before the connection to the back box, so i just need the center section.

Just from interest, as i look under the car, there is a long silencer in the middle and a short fat box near the engine. I presume this is the cat, and not the large box in the middle of the car?

Renault 5 GT Turbo & 172
there is a fancy joiner that joins the front to rear section by the axle, you've probably lost that.

The joint is still attached to the back box, its broken on a weld just after that on the centre section. Don't know if it looks like its been welded before :S

DMS

A thirsty 172
To be fair, it's a standard exhaust. They're crap. Mine looked fine for months then the backbox just detached itself suddenly one day.
Get yourself a decent stainless aftermarket system - a standard one will just break after 30,000 miles tops. If you want it hidden you can't go wrong with a stealth exhaust from Yozzasport or K-Tec.