ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 days of 197 ownership passed

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
After 5 days the 197 has done just under 200 miles (I know its low but haven't had time to drive it) and consumption at 23MPG. All is going well with the car, no mechanical problems so far happy to report.

Anyway decided to take the 197 out this morning for a short 25 mile round trip. All was well until my return journey where I was travelling at around 50-60mph round a bend and a transit tipper comes round the coner and drops a load of stone.:mad: :mad: The result is my front bumper has around 20 chips, 1 smallish scratch/chip on bonnet and couple of small chip on windscreen. Will have to see how much the repair cost would be.

LY V6 with Recaros
Oh no, sorry to hear that, you must be gutted, I know I would be :( Hope you get it sorted.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I think I may see who can repair the scratch on the bonnet and just leave the bumper for now. Knowing my luck that if I resprayed the front bumper it'll probably get splattered with stones again. Is there anyone on here good at reparing chips?

Tried to find the truck but they were long gone by the time I managed to turn round and catch up. Even if I caught them I doubt they'll even admit to it.:(

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
When the press guy brought the 197 round to show me.. it had done 500 miles and he'd said the front bumper had just come out of the bodyshop after being resprayed again

he said the stone chips were really bad on it

106 GTi
Renault paint seems well soft when new, seemd to get a new chip on every outing in the running in miles.

You've heard of 'Dentmaster' yeah?

Try 'Chips Away' or 'Scratch Away'. Both great, both cheap.

Bumped my one week old WRX in to a wall at almost zero speed and the damage was incredible. 50 quid and an hour later (Chips Away) it was perfect.

Good luck.

172 Cup
I would be proper pissed, unlucky good luck with the repair. 22mpg sounds low< suppose it will improve as the engine gets run in.

cock mobile.
Nightmare :( I'd be so unhappy!

Did you get the plate of the tipper? I'd report it to the police and your insurance if you are going through them.

106 GTi
speedynz said:
You've heard of 'Dentmaster' yeah?

Try 'Chips Away' or 'Scratch Away'. Both great, both cheap.

No - Not all are, if you have a good on in your local area maybe, some leave it worse then it was to start with.

I know this feeling

I had my 182 for approx 20hours LOL and came back from a shopping trip to find that my passenger wing mirror was hanging off ..........nice

The car wasnt brand new which i can imagine makes it worse, still it felt so s**t

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The last time chipaway quoted at least £90 just for a scratch on my old Megane. Will give them a call again. The main thing now is just to reapair the bonnet, the bumper will stay like this until after the winter when the gritters are all gone.

The stones hit me as the truck was next to me and by that time it was a bit hard to see the plate especially in my mirror.

The gear change indicator lit up for the first time today and the consumption is now at 26MPG and improving. There is also a 5k kick doesn't seem as noticeable as the 182's.

Dont have driverslicence
That's bad news mate, but did u have picture's posted of your ride of dont yet? like to see it..

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Took some pics of the car today. The chips are hard to see in photos so didn't upload them.

Clio197014.jpg

Clio197013.jpg

Clio197010.jpg