ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 dr mk2 clio door switch

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Ok, long story short, i have wired in footwell lights into the above courtesy light.
because i cant be bothered to strip it all out and rewire it all and make a 3 way switch, i came up with the genius idea of wiring a switch into the door switches.
Basically i have cut a hole where the headlight adjuster is near driver, rigged the switch there, did a pretty good job of that lol (melting plastic, what a lovely smell that is!)

I've ran 2 wires (obviously) back to the rear passenger door switch and cut one of the switch wires and attached the 2 wires to it.

if im not mistaken in theory, when i then flick the drivers switch ive rigged, 2 things should happen. 1 the lights should come on. 2 the door open warning light should come on.
what actually happens baffles me a bit, it just stops the door switch from working, lol. if i flick the switch and the door is open, there will be no indication on the dash nor will the courtesy lights come on, as soon as i flick the switch the warning light and lights come on, but door has to be open obv.
when the doors are all shut, and flicking the rigged switch, nothing happens what so ever.

since i rigged the footwell lights to the upper courtesy lights, in theory a door open = lights come on (of which yes they do).

what the heck am i doing wrong here lol?

Clio DCI 65
If it were me id fit an auxiliary fuse box under the glove box somewhere and run a positive to the battery...then add your switch to the fused circuit so you can switch it on and off when you please. Or do away with the switch and rig it to the pressure switch on the drivers side door so that the lights only come on when the door is open