ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50mpg from my 182!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
hummmmmmmmm....It is reno afterall! Vee said i was doing 171mph. I was doing 160.6 lol.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
hummmmmmmmm....It is reno afterall! Vee said i was doing 171mph. I was doing 160.6 lol.

But that's the Vee trying to tell you its a supercar ;)
In fairness when your doing 70 on the speedo you probably doing about 65 so 10mph out at 160 is probably the same on most cars.

That's not too bad at that speed. I assume the "right" figure is off GPS - they're always less than a speedo indication. Still fast though!

PH1 172 Sport
Best ive got was 48mpg at 70mph on a 100mile run on m3,m25 then m1. Hardly had to stop or slow because there was no traffic. Real life calculation came out at 45mpg so there not too far out IMO

A SHED!
I easily get around that in my cup if i drive like im scared of my engine 57mph ;)..... If i give it some beans then drops to around 32-35 ish mpg

Mk2 172, Wantin a trophy
Its do-able, i can get 48 on motorways if i'm really carefull. Around town i usally see 36 at the best.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It took me 3 years to finally get above 33mpg in my old 1.4. 41mpg was best I ever got.

Usually get 30-33mpg across a whole tank in the 172, but its either in traffic or getting driven hard.

BG182®
I managed 44mpg doing 160 miles in two days. All at a painful 55 to 60mph.

I can clearly say I have never been so frustrated at driving that far at that speed :(

320d

Must have been mad looking at the speedo saying 171 then remembering your in a clio.

A true 160.6 is good going from a Vee though, they're not the most aerodynamic cars sround.

Was that on your ring trip?

Just come back from a run down to Plymouth (warrington is near manchester)
274 miles there and back, equated to exactly 550.0 miles nicely,
on the way down i hit 40.0 mpg but i left it run and as im home i managed 36.0
i was going 60-70 down and around 80 back, not too bad considering there is around 60kg of added weight from my ICE and 3 of us plus a few bags of clothes.
Happy overall, i was going to take the Missus 1.3 ford Ka but it only cost 60 quid there and back!!
Cars filthy though.

clio trophy No56
In my old 182 i managed just above 50mpg on a 250mile trip. Door to door used to get 34mpg.
In my Trophy on a 200mile trip managed no more than 45mpg ish. Doot to door i get 33.1mpg.

Clio 182 FF Cup
I get a fairly constant 35mpg, driving mostly m-way with some A roads, I don't generally drive in ruch hour traffic but I tend not to hang about on the m-ways tho. My max ever is 40mpg on A-roads. Simply can't do 50-60mph on m-way, would be dangerous, I would fall asleep.