ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

53 172 Cup or 182 Cup 04

172 Cup
I've been looking for a 172 cup and i love the look of the 172, but i have seen a 182 cup for sale for £7250 with 50k on the clock rfsh...

What would you get? i don't much about the 182 as i've been looking for a 172 cup, and how can you tell that the 182 is a the cup version? and do you think 50k is to high?

Thanks for advice ;)

106 GTi
If it is a 182 Cup rather than a 182 with Cup packs it will be easy to spot as it will only be Racing Blue or Inferno Orange and have a cloth interior.

172 Cup
Ahh right, no this is dark blue(looks like 172 cup colour) and has abs,aircon, half leather seats and quite few more extras..

So would i be better off with a 172 cup

What would you get? i don't much about the 182 as i've been looking for a 172 cup, and how can you tell that the 182 is a the cup version? and do you think 50k is to high?
Best way to check is check the mesaurments form the center to cneter of the hubs/shock its 60mm on a cuped 182 and 54mm on a none all the other bits are and have been chnaged on other 182's in the past to make cars look like Cuped/non cuped 182's.

50k not to bad depends how its been driven.

Ahh right, no this is dark blue(looks like 172 cup colour) and has abs,aircon, half leather seats and quite few more extras..

So would i be better off with a 172 cup

Depends do you want ABS etc the 172 CUp is more racer like less weight lighter no ABS or computers the 182 Cup has the toys back in it like air con and a sliglt bit heaveier.

Megane Trophy, Golf
[ and do you think 50k is to high?

Thanks for advice ;)[/QUOTE]

no mate! as long as its not been thrashed to much, take it for a spin and have a listern and a look round engine! they are quite bomb proof!

172Petey

I purchased a 172CUP for the simple fact that it cut all the crap! bear minimum of electrics, and a great feeling to drive! Best lookers IMO to! I say test both as its each to there own.

172 Cup
What do you mean cracky fun ? Get amotorbike crazy quick.

Not a huge difference 172 Cup to 182 Cup some prefere one some prefere the other.

Had a Gsxr750 02 not crazy...mental!:eek: got a wife now, don't want to leave her a widow quite yet! need something fun but not mental ;)

Megane Trophy, Golf
ive driven both and there is a little difference! and its deffinately fun just trying to keep it on road at this time of year, lol! but im sure he will make up his own mind which one he wants. :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
you look in the trader, and next to 80% of 172/182's it says cup..... wrong. Very misleading imo

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
differences are interior, the 182 with 'cup options' will have the half leather, climate control etc. Thet also have abs and traction control. The cup has cloth, and no climate, no abs or traction control, but is a wee bit quicker

swings and roundabouts my friend ;)

172 Cup
The wife has just seen the 182, and she don't like it! i think she's right there is something the 172 cup has got that the 182 hasn't.. can't put my finger on it.
although the wheels are the only difference i can see from the outside it just doesn't have the same presence for some reason :S

Wife has spoken 172 Cup it is :eek:

Thanks for help and suggestions :cool:

172 cup
1st private one i looked at, i bought, not that difficult if you ask the right questions
ps you made the right choice

BMW 535D
i was in a similar position when i bought my 182, was a toss up between that and a 172 cup.

went for the 182 in the end cos IMO it looks nicer (love the anthracite alloys) and the toys! i had a look at a few cups and they just didnt seem all that special with the cloth interior and lack of toys.

driven both aswell and i think any claims about the cup being faster are negligable,

with the 182 i felt like i was gettin a lot more car for my £££

my 2p worth :)

BMW 535D
down to personal choice imo, in my eyes i bought the better car ;)

and i wouldn't be scared to take on a cup should one appear in my rear view mirror :p

The wife has just seen the 182, and she don't like it! i think she's right there is something the 172 cup has got that the 182 hasn't.. can't put my finger on it.
although the wheels are the only difference i can see from the outside it just doesn't have the same presence for some reason :S

Wife has spoken 172 Cup it is :eek:

Thanks for help and suggestions :cool:
the 182 ff has got more things than the 172 cup, 10 hp(allegedly!!) abs esp climate control ,homosexual exhaust, half leather interior, I have one and I like , enjoy and use womens vaginas.

Rsport182Cup'd
stil take the 182 anyday
you can turn the safety features off if you do not want them but there when you do, icy roads n winter