ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

53 Clio 1.2 16v tapping/knocking

Car  Focus ST
I’m having a problem with a 53 1.2 16v Clio.

Whenever I press down on the accelerator pedal there’s a constant tapping/knocking sound.

It doesn’t tap/knock when its idle, cold or at 2.5k+ ish RPM. You hear it mostly when its at the biting point, at first I thought it might be the clutch. But tonight I fount out its the accelerator.

It seems to be louder inside then outside the car. It had a 36k service last month by the previous owner.

Any ideas? :S
 
there was a tec note out a while ago on adjusting tappets of the d4f engine, i will try and dig it out 2morrow
 
Back
Top