ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

53 plate 182???!?!?!?

SchwepTek™
I am looking at buying a 182 and have just found a racing blue 182 with cup packs from a garage. It has 30k miles and is £7k. Only thing is that it is a 53 plate. I thought that 172s were 53 and then 182s started in 04?!?!?!? I guess it was a demo car at the renault dealerships? What ya think guys?

SchwepTek™
It doesn't have stripes or list but i guess they could have been taken off. Will stay away from it then although it is a good price for the mileage. It is being sold by trustgroup uk and is on autotrader if that helps?!?!?! LOL

RN** would (I think, according to dvla number plate site) be a valid registration for Reading area. But surely you'd be allowed to have whatever letters you like for a private plate in the new style, even if it did match a dvla area registration area?

www.renparts.co.uk
why don't you check history? like previous owners etc if its private owned from first registration there's nothing to worry about... there is a chance there are a few 53 plate genuine cars out there.. IE non press...

RenaultSport clio 182
Hey up, i was lookin at 172's orginally back in towards the back end of 2003, but where i bought it from, said to me, why dont i wait a lil awhile for the new 182, so i did and got mine march 2004 when it first officially released :D

So that was on a 04 plate then?

Was it possible to get one on a 53 plate, other than press cars or dealer demo cars?

P

PrincessJessica

does it matter if it was thrashed about?? surely thats what your gonna do when you get it?

If I knew a car had been round tracks countless times, had been used for doughnuts, handbrake turns etc, then I would be a little concerned about the state of the gearbox and clutch along with other components that may well be worn much more than a car that has been used for general road use.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
As above it will be a press car and will have had a hard life.

Jez clarkson test drove a 53 plate 182 and he raped it..lol