ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5gtt project

hey all last november i posted a pic of the project thing i brought anyways thought i would upload pics. below the pics wont be far different to the ones you may have seen before but what has happened since is all the welding has been sorted and body kit obtained. panels straightened and some primed. It will be finished fri so will post up more but this is to start my thread :)
R5006.jpg

R5001.jpg

R5007.jpg

R5008.jpg

R5009.jpg

R5010.jpg

R5011.jpg

R5012.jpg

R5013.jpg

R5014.jpg

R5015.jpg

R5016.jpg

R5017.jpg

R5018.jpg

R5019.jpg

R5020.jpg

R5021.jpg

R5022.jpg

R5023.jpg

R5024.jpg

R5025.jpg

as you can see its still alittle bad but currently it has had a full spray today besides doors as i have got 2 better condition straight and rust free ones from CGB in telford

i have had the standard speedlines dipped in acid then sprayed anthracite and the interior has corberu recliners with sparco harnesses and rear strut.

engine is staying standard and i plan to over the winter rebuild it making it look mint. it also has a front omp strut

the full car is dropped on 35mm konis with poly bush mounts

so its cost me a small fortune but will post up pics tomorrow when i take my new doors down :)
hope you like it

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to the end results - looks like you're really commited! :)

Just a question on the rear arches (I know nowt about the R5's btw). Are they normally that 'high' up before the rear arch skirt goes on?

D.

good work buddy:) ive done 2 5 projects of that calaber now, certainly not easy however ace when there done:)

good work once again

long live th c1j even tho they give me f**king nitemares

Looking forward to the end results - looks like you're really commited! :)

Just a question on the rear arches (I know nowt about the R5's btw). Are they normally that 'high' up before the rear arch skirt goes on?

D.

a kit goes on mate i believe there that high so it gives good clearance on larger wheels :)

update so far as of yesterday :) with new bonnet :)
garagecar030.jpg

me very happy :)
garagecar028.jpg

garagecar012.jpg

garagecar011.jpg

garagecar010.jpg

garagecar009.jpg

garagecar008.jpg

im now in the process of rebuild. the doors/boot/petrol cap are being sprayed tomorrow so its all go go go :)

tiTTy & SV650
lol at the smiley on the headlight, good effort!

will be very satisfying to run / own it knowing it's been re-built from shell up

its going on konis 35mm at the front and maybe 40mm at the back
going on standard rims in anthrecite and they look awsome

Nice! :approve:

Hurry up and get on with it then - lol!

D.

im on it dont worry :)
will be putting the front bumper and lights etc.. on tomorrow :) and new steering column along with the rear glass quaters
the body shop are alos sorting out the underneath by treating it and making it go black :)

lol at the smiley on the headlight, good effort!

will be very satisfying to run / own it knowing it's been re-built from shell up

i cant wait ive had it since novemeber :)

tiTTy & SV650
I got my pug in November but you've taken on more of a project than me lol. I've been running it daily pretty much since.

TOP job mate. That's a big project you have going there.

hopefully the rebuild wont take long and the engine i mint just needs a clean and im sorted thinking of stripping it next year and rebuilding it but at the mo its cost me a forture :)

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Looks good, love the red 5 look.

Glad you lept it looking standard. Engine Rebuild aint to bad can be done within a day if you have all the parts etc.

Talking of which if you need anything drop me a pm... have loads... now to go to work on my Tungy 5 :)

Looks good, love the red 5 look.

Glad you lept it looking standard. Engine Rebuild aint to bad can be done within a day if you have all the parts etc.

Talking of which if you need anything drop me a pm... have loads... now to go to work on my Tungy 5 :)

i need everthing for the rebuild :)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
people think the raiders are rare, try finding a good red 5 or electric blue, there like rocking horse sheeeite..

another red one returning to the road, deffo worth the time and effort... :D

should have more pictures tonight but to update since the last ones the work done so far has been:
arches and underneath treated
suspension on
kit on :)
interior in icludes carpet and buckets
alloys on
dump valve fitted (well nearly cant work out wherethe little pipe goes from the top of the valve??)
exhaust cleaned and realigned
bumpers on

and it looks mint tbh i cant wait for it to be finished just waiting for the doors and boot lid then im home dry :)

Can sort the 5 tomorrow dude if you want?? As my job hunting has failed! I know the vac hose to the dump valve goes off a breather hose on the carb.. will figure it out.