ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60-100 times

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
Last nite thought i would take the time out to do a 60mph-100mph test

People told me that 172mk2 doneit in 11.97 secs, i thought this was to long

so my time was............................... 10.0sec

not bad i thought from a standard car 2 up .

the road was flat as they come and the outside temp was 13

what do ya recon then , good or bad

surley it can't be that longs... surley not

thats what i thought, i thought it would be like 5-6 secs .

i was in 3rd in 60 @ around 4000rpm then floored it and into 4th at 7000rpm then 100mph 10seconds later , it did feel quick , u know somedays where ya car doesnt feel as quick as some days but i was happy with how it felt

53 Clio's & counting
sorry dude, stop watches are just not acurate,not having a go just stating the facts :) also what did you use to show 100 mph accuratly? as im guessing you know speedo's are not acurate

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ok, has anyone got the autocar/evo offical times for the 182? then we can put this to bed.

tbh, i'll go with evo/autocar over any figures given by a bloke in a car with a stopwatch.

alright lets all calm down for a minute , all i can go on is what i timed and saw , there we go and my car is a 172 not a 182

53 Clio's & counting
alright lets all calm down for a minute , all i can go on is what i timed and saw , there we go and my car is a 172 not a 182

Course chap, im not having a go in the slightest, im just saying speedo'sare not acurate and nor are stop watches, so unless you have pro timing equipment then it cannot be acurate

1.8 8v RSi
to be fair though....how many of us actually dont go by a speedo...

you gonna tell mister poilice man that you were going 5 mph over the limit cause you speedos inacurate?

53 Clio's & counting

you gonna tell mister poilice man that you were going 5 mph over the limit cause you speedos inacurate?

true mate, we all tend to talk speedo speed.

but on trhe policeman side of thingas no, but thats why overtaking a policeman on the motorway at a shown 80-85mph doesnt get you pulled, because your not really going that speed

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
surley it can't be that longs... surley not

thats what i thought, i thought it would be like 5-6 secs .

i was in 3rd in 60 @ around 4000rpm then floored it and into 4th at 7000rpm then 100mph 10seconds later , it did feel quick , u know somedays where ya car doesnt feel as quick as some days but i was happy with how it felt
That would make the 0-100 time about 12s LOL!

EP3 Civic Type R
Stopwatch timings = Gay, imo. 1 second can make all the difference and it can take you that to start/stop the damn thing

Nippy white cup
Probably about right imo....the second quicker could be anything.....about 2mph diff on speedo from actual speed at 100 and also reaction time stopping the stopwatch could easily make it a second quicker

Chris

1.8 8v RSi

true mate, we all tend to talk speedo speed.

but on trhe policeman side of thingas no, but thats why overtaking a policeman on the motorway at a shown 80-85mph doesnt get you pulled, because your not really going that speed
ive never dared overtaking a policeman at that speed lol when i pass them on m1 they always going about speedo 70 and i cruse past at a speedo indicated 73mph lol

Audi TT
In my 172 if I use the cruise control and set it to 70mph the speedo is reading about 72-73mph. Which is more accurate?

Will have to check it against GPS to get a proper idea I guess.

As for cruising past the police at 80-85. That's a bit much to tell the truth. Anything over 75 and you're risking a pull.

Most police cars don't have calibrated speedo's but the traffic and area response vehicle's do so on a motorway they should know what speed they're going an you're going without thinking about it.

G

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The speedos are over-reading by about 5-6mph at 100mph (so speedo says 100, true speed is 94/95), if my friends 05 plate 'Extreme' is anything to go by - ok it's only a 1.2, but it has the same speedo setup, and for true speed working off a TomTom GPS that had plenty of time to update as it was accelerating so slowly.

Although it may have had slightly different total wheel and tyre size, which may put the speedo more, or less out than a 1*2 depending on which way they were out (bigger or smaller). It's legal for speedos to over-read by up to 10% iirc (can anyone comfirm that % figure?), it's illegal to have an under-reading speedo.

Dan

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
4 seconds in the vee. PURE RAPID.

Pfff, slow as a geriatric chav paying the bills, the 197 warps there, 0.001 seconds - it was less but I couldn't obtain any suitable timing gear that measured any less than that.

Dan

Clio 172 & Fabia vRS
10-11 seconds just doesnt sound right, i mean ive never timed it but it feels quicker than that..

Audi TT 225 Quattro
mine does it in about 7-8 secs on a stop watch, seem pretty accurate to me:D

nice , what ya had done to yours then ?

its a mk1 mate;) running 177bhp f7r (williams eng). best qtr mile time is 13.92 @99.7mph:D got a slip here with another run where i did 14.1 @ 101mph..... little vid i did a few years back but it did weigh abit more and i was having a few issues with the map but all good now just not done a vid since... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vKIA0WMXVA0