ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6000k vs 8000k Xenons

172 & RSi
Which would you choose?

I want them to light up the road, look professional, stand out but not look totally chavvy. Anyone got any pics to add which might help?

Cheers

example of an aftermarket 4300k kit. anything higher looks silly IMO, and produces less light.

P8100001.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
heres myne 8000k bright as fook, they are like daylight colour when driving, freaking amazing down lanes, i love em!

P120308_2039.gif

BMW M135i
if you were coming towards me with them on, you would get a dose of main beam!

yer people do flash me alot i have to say, i have dipped them rite down now so hopefully the flashing will stop
Oh yes another idiot who's fitted hid bulbs in standard halogen clusters :dapprove:. Don't get me started.

example of an aftermarket 4300k kit. anything higher looks silly IMO, and produces less light.

P8100001.jpg

+1 4300k all the way, its the closest temp to normal daylight iirc.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yer people do flash me alot i have to say, i have dipped them rite down now so hopefully the flashing will stop
Oh yes another idiot who's fitted hid bulbs in standard halogen clusters :dapprove:. Don't get me started.

P8100001.jpg

+1 4300k all the way, its the closest temp to normal daylight iirc.

keep ya knickers on!:rasp:

BMW M135i
Its a pet hate I know but they are quite frankly dangerous for anyone coming the other way, its a usual corsa t**t crew trick. Scatter r us!
The reflectors are not designed to work with hid bulbs, theres a good reason 95% of factory xenons use projector lenses.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
6000k imo i had them on my civic. mind you that had projector lights

The ones on mine were 6k.

I was advised not to get 4.3k xenons as they would be too bright.

The higer the k value the less light they put out, the more blue/purple they are.

6k looked oem and passed mot's , never blinded other drivers, and were perfect for driving at night.

oh and god i miss that car, lol

elise lights look lovely! originally got 4.3k kit in my car...light off them was amazing but you dont get the blue tint thats cool with xenons(even in my projector lamps). so i reordered at set of 6k bulbs stuck 'em in and they are perfect looking not too blue at all :)

www.hids4u.co.uk AND ill let you into a secret....if you put in the discount code STRATHY youll get a massive 40% off!! saved 40 quid with my set
go buy em!!

172 & RSi
Mine will be in projectors so no worries there, definately goin for the 6000k then, 8000 will be too much I think.

Cheers :)

Clio RS 172
Ive recently fitted some 6000ks on my ph1 172 and very impressed. Very bright with a hint of blue at the focus point of the beam. Also tried 10000k which looked cool for a few days but then was too much. A Mates got 8000ks and I wouldnt recomend going any bluer. If you dont want the best look and performance its gotta be 6000k.

clio 182 + cup packs
u should only fitt after market hid xenons in projector style headlights as they give off a scattered beam and will dazzle other drivers

one of my pet hates along with fog lights

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
can you ugrade the xenon bulbs the the 182 to 6000k. and where would you get the bulbs from and are they easy to fit

172 FF
what ????k are the standard ff xenons?
and can u get them brighter (not that i want to just woundered if you can)