ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9's....

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I really dont want opinions on the speaker choice lol! Ive been given 6x9s and as im spending ALL my money on other bits. I wanna wire them in and the nearest place is the speakers by the back seats. I have some wire, some pliers and leccy tape ( plus tools ) Where do I got from here? I think I have to remove the panels to get at the wiring.... right or wrong? Oh sorry if this is a repeat, i searched and i could find what i needed :)

Thanks all...

Breaking 172 NV676
the speaker grilles in the rear quarter pop off along with a bit of the pocket iirc.
then unscrew the speaker and the wires will be there. I would use bullet connectors instead of twisting the wires and leccy tape. Then just run the wires out the bottom of the quarter panel and up to where your putting the ghastly 6x9's

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
'ghastly' lol! I know im past that stage but there free and the parcel shelf came with pre-drilled holes so I have to choice (almost) ;) Ill give it a try 2moro. The missus already thinks im odd for wanting to do stuff to the motor in the dark when its freezing....these ladies just dont get it at all! Yeah ill pop to halfrauds and pick up some connectors. May as well do a good job if im gunna do something!

Breaking 172 NV676
I had them for a while in previous cars and then went down the route of buying hi-spec components and have never looked back, but to be fair if they are free and they are likely to be better than the standards.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I swear the ones in the back are almost cloth with a bit of copper and a magentised biscuit tin lid :( Very poor speakers but the ones in the door are actually the best OEM speakers ive had in a car! :D

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I tried components but I would want exact fit ones as im lazy haha, Ill only make a mess of cutting and drilling! lol

Breaking 172 NV676
from memory they are 13cm coxals in the rear. Mine are on a MDF ring as they make them more bassy... not sure why but it works

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Im so lazy, and no good with a jigsaw! haha, if someone asked to make a boot build id literally cry.....haha

1.2 16v clio
U can buy mdf rings pal. If u want to upgrade and have next to no cash go scrappy find a modified car and take a look u will be surprised what u find

Monaro VXR
Rings on ebay cheap, where I got mine when doing a project. Can never be arsed routering rings...too much effort

Listerine & Poledo
You could always try and hide the 6x9's by carpeting over the shelf once you've fitted them?