ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8 Hours Later

Disastra Coupe
So, with us having decent weather recently i decided to book today off work and machine polish the RS.

Sadly no before or during shot's... Once i've started working at it i tend to forget and focus on what i'm doing lol.

Method...

Good rinse
2BM wash with Chemical Guy's Glossworkz
Good rinse
CYC Ultra Fine Poly Clay with Dodo Juice Born Slippy
Door shut's etc washed with APC (will get some FK1000P on them this week)
2BM wash with Chemical Guy's Glossworkz
Good Rinse
Dry with CYC Blue Towel
Kestral DAS6 - I played with Menzerna Power Finish, Menzerna Final Finish and Poorboys SSR2.5... Completely forgot about Lime Prime sadly.
Hand Polished then with Auto Glym Super Resin Polish
Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite
Chemical Guy's Wet Mirror Finish
Chemical Guy's EZ Glaze
2 Layer's Dodo Juice Supernatural

Plastic's done with Chemical Guy's New Look Trim Gel

Window's still have plenty of life left with the Carlack 68 kit so i just wiped over them with Auto Glym Rapid Detailer.

Wheel's need to be taken off soon to be cleaned thoroughly and also for arches to be done. Engine bay will be done at the same time :)

5568087173_54f2ac57f0_b.jpg

5568671458_7ccd5cfa1f_b.jpg

5568676112_9616a9b918_b.jpg

5568087955_709e7caa9b_b.jpg

5568088419_26ed97dcee_b.jpg

5568677292_7fd41d795f_b.jpg

5568677628_e43598a10d_b.jpg

5568089577_3b0f4a8c82_b.jpg

5568089891_0a03007298_b.jpg

5568090357_f9cb36ae3f_b.jpg

5568680232_69126a99fc_b.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That would be perfect if you added a Cup splitter and ditched that awful nipple ring

Disastra Coupe
That is a seriously shiny Clio! Good work!

I wish I had a machine polisher!

Get one bought :) Can become an expensive hobby though!!

That would be perfect if you added a Cup splitter and ditched that awful nipple ring

I'm still undecided on a splitter lol. Plus i'm abit low for one. If i put one on i don't think i'd get into work without smashing it off!

And put the bumper stickers on, looks stunning though.

Does need sorting tbf. And thanks :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good mate, you may have undone some good work by using the SRP by hand though.

Maybe give it a miss next time, use a cleanser like LPL or one of many others get a good base then EZ glaze via the machine on a finishing pad, nice low speeds and work it into the paint a little.

That'll leave a simple and stunning base for your LSP whilst saving a lot of time and hand work. Hopefully that's helps a little.

Disastra Coupe
Looks good mate, you may have undone some good work by using the SRP by hand though.

Maybe give it a miss next time, use a cleanser like LPL or one of many others get a good base then EZ glaze via the machine on a finishing pad, nice low speeds and work it into the paint a little.

That'll leave a simple and stunning base for your LSP whilst saving a lot of time and hand work. Hopefully that's helps a little.

Looks lovely! Best colour!

However, some of the products are kinda the wrong away around!

Cheers for the replies lad's. Did i apply the Glaze at the right time? I had a search around Detailing World and tbh it wasn't a great deal of help lol. But from what i could tell i was meant to apply it between the WMF and Wax.

The only reason i used the SRP is because i'd been machining for a few hour's and i've got a bad back, couldn't take anymore of it so i decided to use the SRP to try and take advantage of it's filler's (although i know the Glaze has them but i'd not used it until this time so was unsure of it's capabilities) and also the refine the finish a bit without machining again.

Disastra Coupe
hi m8 looks great just a quick question what do you use to dress the tyres thanks.

Can't remember the name off the top of my head. I get it from an old work mate. It's good stuff, last's quite a while and goes on with a brush rather than that spray on type which i hate personally lol.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looking good! I've heard you'd got a flamer, i'll keep a eye out for you!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yea dude... Was just time to swap the Saxo.
A GP came past us the other night actually, we were riding on tk maxx. Don't know if it was you though.

If it was really noisey it was me!