ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8000K 172 XENON/HID BULBS... IS IT WORTH CHANGING TO 6000K's ? ?

I have just been thinking, i have uprated my Front headlight bulbs on my 172FF to 8000k rated xenon/hid ones from the 4300k standard ones.http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=269567

There quite blue :S , ans was thinking would i gain a lot more light if i changed them to 6000k Bulbs ?

I know they'll go whiter light output wise but how noticeable would it be ?

As i dont wanna buy new bulbs for very little improvement :S

Last edited:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i have the 8000k bulbs in mine, yes there are a bit on the blue side, but this is supposed to be the natural daylight colour/bulb, i think myne are awesome, so bright down country roads.

i have the 8000k bulbs in mine, yes there are a bit on the blue side, but this is supposed to be the natural daylight colour/bulb, i think myne are awesome, so bright down country roads.

When i bought the 8000k bulbs i thought they were great, until someone told me the whitest (closest to daylight) you can get is 6000k's.

Thats why i fancy changing them.

Whats people think i should do ?

Change them or keep them ?

Clio & Mitsu ASX
The higher the K-value the less Lumen you'll have. So yes, going back to 6000 will give you a slightly higher light output.
The stock xenons give the most light, but their color isn't that great, 6000k is the key imo...

I had a 6k kit on my ph1 and imo they were great, output so much light, almost seemed like they put out more than my current ph 2 172

Megane 2 GT 165
4300k is daylight (most light you get from Xenon) but most white aswell.

I changed to 6000k, and I think I notice the slightest change in light volume. (But my right-side light was on it way out, that's why I changed)

6000k is enough light for me, I only still think normal H4 - H7 lights reflect on the traffic signs much more!

BMW F21 125d
Id be interested in upgrading my bulbs from 4300k (guessing standard is 4300k?) to 6000k. Where can i get some from ?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Whats the part number for the bulbs we need? I had it but its lost :(

Edit: this rings a bell? D2S HID Xenon Bulbs Lamps 6000K

BMW F21 125d
Been doing a bit of searching, seems Xenons have two fitments....

D2S and D2R

Ebay price ranges from £45 upwards per pair plus postage
Other online stores looking at £69....

172/182 isnt a bumper off job.. its just a case of liftin the bonnet..

Think i paid 75 for mine delivered.. i'll find the link

Think the S and R are different versions - one is standard replacement, one a replacement for halogens (I think).

I'm sure you can get cheaper than £45 though - I've seen pairs of bulbs for about £25 on ebay! Look on international versions - it's cheaper to order off ebay Australia in Aus $ and get them posted over in some cases lol

2010 Mazda 3 MPS
Anyone running 10000K conversion kit at all?

Whats the colour like etc?

too blue?...or are they pretty "safe"

2010 Mazda 3 MPS
hmmm well i got a 10000K set yesterday as a prezzie.

Thinking about sticking it on and seeing how it looks...if too crazy and blue might just buy some 6000k bulbs.

Just now im running those mad ultra blue halfords bulbs...cant see sh*t on the roads!!! :| lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I got 5000k in the 197. I Had 6, but wasnt too impressed witth the light output. There was a marked difference between the two.

2010 Mazda 3 MPS
fitted the 10000k...its awesome!!!

have never had any other "K" so dont have any comparison about light output etc...

all in all a really nice colour!

not too blue/purple at all.

traffic cop was sitting behind me...then beside me...then infront of me in town!!! had no bother at all!

:D well chuffed...love my gf!! hahaha