ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

95 Ron fuel in 172 cup

172cup & 182cup pk'd
Can anyone tell me if you can use 95 RON fuel in the 172 cup? i know it recommends 98 but can you use 95 or will it affect the engine?

Cheers
Griff

tbh i used it before switching to 98ron . Doesn't really make that much of a difference either , been using shell optimax the last 20 odd months .

Black Gold with cup packs
I have just started using shell unleaded petrol, I have always used Shell V-Power. I notice NO difference whatsoever, Due to V-Power now costing £1.09 a litre, and unleaded £1.01 a litre I decided to change to unleaded.

Hyundai i40
even tho i slated the fact id never put normal unleaded in i have started due to the sky high petrol prices

only notice that its not quiet as quick wen ragging the car but general commuting no difference at all and you get more miles for ya money!

172cup & 182cup pk'd
I used 95 Ron in the car when i first bought it because i did not know its required 98ron and tbh i did not notice much difference either

L

lenny85

tbh i've used ron95 for 1yr and a half now and it's absolutely fine. gets a tank of ron98 once every other month just to clean engine a bit!! never really noticed any difference:)

SLK 350
On a 172/182FF I'd use 95RON happily, but as the 172Cup is a supercar I'd use 104RON race fuel only!

On a serious note, it will make no difference at all.

Gives me a lumpy idle but no other issues, I tend to run different grades of fuel depending on budget/time of the month.

Agree with lots on this - Used to use 98 Ron/Vpower - Now use 95 due to price. Cant tell a difference in all honesty. Might be a good idea to use super every once in a while to flush the system to some extent but im sure 95 has detergents in it aswell

Well there's a Tesco petrol station, so they have a little price war, but I don't buy Tesco value food, so I wouldn't buy Tesco value petrol lol.

RB 182
i used 95 when first got the car but went abit chuggy on idle so only use super now, not much difference tho.

Trophy #473
ive been using 95 unleaded recently, always used vpower, all ive noticed is i dont get as good mpg.

172cup
all true
normally try using v-power but as petrol prices have been high for so long i just use 95ron
but still treat it to 98 every so often