ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

99.9 MPG FTFW

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Managed to get 99.9 mpg yesterday. And no I wasnt rolling down a hill with the clutch in. Although I did start it once I was moving.

Worked it up to 99.9 and managed to average 88.7mpg over a 30ish mile journey which contained half straight a roads and half twisty and hilly a/b roads.

Having no money for diesel FTL.

Build up:
DSC00433.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

The one:
DSC00442.jpg

**Please note all pictures were taken by the passenger and not taken by driver**

should have kicked the "passenger taking the pictures" out mate, you would have had even better mpg then ;):rasp:

Because they have paid somewhere in the order of £17000 for a car which has been designed and marketed with the specific purpose of saving the planet and being massively economical.

And here is a £3k clio getting 30mpg more than their crap fugly brick of a car will.

And they're all impossibly smug tw*ts.

/rant

Clio 182.
Because they have paid somewhere in the order of £17000 for a car which has been designed and marketed with the specific purpose of saving the planet and being massively economical.

And here is a £3k clio getting 30mpg more than their crap fugly brick of a car will.

/rant

w00t w00t! well said!

Chelsea tractor
But the engine in a Prius can't be that economical as:

1. They are essentially a massive battery on wheels (which is not very nice for the environment at the end of the day);
  2. They weigh the same as an e-class; and
  3. They've got a small petrol engine trying to push it.

But the engine in a Prius can't be that economical as:

1. They are essentially a massive battery on wheels (which is not very nice for the environment at the end of the day);
  2. They weigh the same as an e-class; and
  3. They've got a small petrol engine trying to push it.

haha lol

i think your cars broke

dCi 80 tractor
mpg.gif

Id also like to join the 90+mpg club. dCi 80 ftw! Did have one at 99.9 but my cameras a piece of pish and come out all blurred

Nimbus 197
I miss our old Nissan Note (renault 1.5dci engine) regularly gave 60mpg, often in the 70s, now i have a 24mpg car it hurts!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I wish I could join :(. I get 55-60MPG in a 1.2 16v running on super. A road and Motorway 60-70MPH.
I'd be able to do work in 1 Gallon with that kind of MPG!!!

Vibed loooowww 1.poo

/rant

anybody catch the south park episode that is actually about this, people so smug with there priuses that they gloat about the smell of their own farts lol friggin funny as hell

MKIII 138

/rant

I think the smugness is wearing off, autocar tested the whole supply and build chain for electric cars and the C02 is much higher yet they dont get anywhere near diesel economy..

having said that petrol is cheaper and hybrid cars like the lexus 450h are very clever, hey get 35mpg from a 2 tonne car with 320+bhp 0-60 in 4.9 secs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbv1i6GvE7s&feature=related

check out the KW meter and the way it pulls at the same speed all the way upto max speed !

Northern Will

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd Red Box
Is this thread for dci drivers or can anyone join in the party?;)

I've had 99.9 in the 1.2 I used to have the pleasure of owning but never in the sport. Reset the trip, into 5th down a hill would probably do it mind.

Sub 30mpg is where its at

Amen to this!

Northern Will

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd Red Box
Mine currently reads about 31 mpg after a careful week of commuting to work.

Its friday though and i'm now finished work :race:

Clio 197
My GF has just bought a Micra with the 1.5 DCi engine in it. It pulls well, and is VERY well equipped (25th anniversary edition).

She's consistently getting 75MPG out of it combined, which works out at 7.5 pence per mile. That's bloody good if you ask me.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You use more diesel coasting on the clutch if you just take your foot off the accelerator and let the revs die down on their own your engine will not use any fuel,these cars are smart,

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
If you'd get it mapped, you can be sure the mpg's will raise even more with that kind of driving style.
My remapped one does 85-95 mpg all day long no matter how hard i trash it, on steady runs it WILL do more than 100mpg

a few years back i drove it to the ring (starting in belgium) did 2 laps on the ring, drove round at the ring for 2 days and got back home all on less than a single tank of diesel.

Volvo S60 T5
DCI FTW!!!

Often get them in with 65mpg on the computer, my 1.5 DCI van seems to need next to nothing compared to everything else I have.

Albi Blue RS 200
My GF has just bought a Micra with the 1.5 DCi engine in it. It pulls well, and is VERY well equipped (25th anniversary edition).

She's consistently getting 75MPG out of it combined, which works out at 7.5 pence per mile. That's bloody good if you ask me.

You can't argue at the value of them at all.