ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A clio story.

S2 106 GTI
Well i have owned the clio now for around 17months, It belonged to a good mate of mine, here are some pics of how it looked back then and how i looks today......oh and has slightly more bhp too :shock: enjoy!
when i got it

DSC00016.gif

DSC00024-1.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026-1.gif

At this stage it had a K&N induction kit, the noise sounded fantastic but it was loosing power due to sucking in hot air! also it had on the 6x4 magnex full system, i wasn't too keen on the exhaust due to the size and weight :D I ran around in it like this for a few months, untill i became a member on Cliosport.net! and then things started to change!

My mate got it tuned up by that company LAD at Morecombe (you might have heard of it lol) when he had it. They claimed it had over 200bhp, it was fast and accelerated hard.....so to find out how much it had I had a trip to JDM near Carlisle to see Jonathon to put it on his rollers.
181.5HP 164.1ft/lb - wasn't quite the 200 mark but still better than standard!

anyway I changed the k&n back to the standard air box and while i was doing this changed the filter inside to a ITG. On here there was alot of talk about fitting the clio 182 exhaust manifold to the 172. being a 4-2-1 it ment better gas flow......so i found one, bought it (which wasn't cheap lol) and now had the job of fitting it! :shock: for this there was only two ways, remove the engine or remove subframe along with steering rack, gear linkage and various other things.... so i opted for the subframe, thanks to John and shaun we got the job done, and while is was all in bits he made me a custom de-cat :).
Now some people claimed that the 182 manifold gave it that 10bhp extra...so i thought right lets see, back up to JDM

186.6hp 165.7ft/lb - was going up but not by alot. But the graph showed there was sooooo much better gas flow and smoother graph(which is what you want :D)

also i had noticed that the inlet manifold hadn't been touched so i got intouch with a tuning company sent the manifold, week later manifold back again machined and polished out! back on the rollers
197.6hp 174.8ft/lb :D

Now it was time for the suspension, after meeting a mate and seeing how low his clio was i wanted something the same
S1030500.jpg

S1030489.gif

so I sorted out some Eibach sportlines :)
DSC00656.jpg

now it was time to change the exhaust! was looking around for good one which people rated.....just by luck a friend (cheers Ben) was selling one, he bought the car with it already on and didn't want it.The Ragnotti system made by Yozzasport. :)
S1030627.jpg

S1030624.jpg

S1030623.jpg

S1030629.jpg

Video
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p231/Gib172/?action=view&current=S1030635.flv

now with it nearly compleate I was talking to a guy on cliosport about re-mapping, so i gave Motorsport Developments a call in Blackpool. Took my car down and 6hrs later they had done a full custom 'live' map to my car! on the drive home the throttle response was so much better, the torque just pulled through the gears! well impressed :D The guys there where were also impressed as how quick it was after the re-map

i drove the clio around like that for a few months, but in the mean time some decided to scratch it at the Trafford Center.
DSC00682.jpg

so had to get it re-sprayed :( but it was looking better!
S1030762.jpg

S1030750.jpg

S1030744.jpg

S1030745.jpg

S1030746.jpg

I wanted to go lower with the suspension and wanted a new air flow system :D

so just recently i bought a set of coilovers - FK highsports
this is how its sitting today
DSC00865.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

and the new air filter! ITG Maxogen kit :D :D
DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

since the last rolling road where it made 197.6hp 174.8 ft/lb i have changed the exhaust, air filter and had the 'live' re-map i can say it pulls far greater and is soooo much quicker than before! just need a spare day now to get it back on the rollers!

I have a few more little things up my sleeve but they will come in the new year.

:D

Big thanks to all on here! :)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Get those coilovers lower at the front!
Take the arch liners out if you have to...

S2 106 GTI
cheers guys! :) was a great help for you lot too though, didn't know what an maxogen kit or coilovers were till i came on here, learn something new everyday! woop woop clio sport!;)

clio f7r with bodies
pretty sure i seen this on thursday driving past a house i was working at in barrow, on salthouse road, clean as fooooook! stopped and watched it go past, you were with im guessin your girlfriend?

S2 106 GTI
pretty sure i seen this on thursday driving past a house i was working at in barrow, on salthouse road, clean as fooooook! stopped and watched it go past, you were with im guessin your girlfriend?

this thurs just gone?? won't have been mine, mines off the road at the mo had its last run out last weekend going to warrington

172 cup
Its a little beast! We will have to go up to JDM and have a blast on the rollers when you get it back on the road again matey.

APR LCR225

That will have been me mate:D was off on thurs and round barrow with the mrs!

Looking good Rich:cool:

S2 106 GTI
Love it, how much did it cost you to get resprayed after the scratch mate?

cost me £300 to get it done, but what a pain it was!! had to go back 3 times!!!! :mad: I picked the garage due to people rating them and seein some of there work. 1st off they hadn't cleaned the polish/wax off so it went all 'orange peel' effect down the side of the door when they put the lacquor on....2nd time under certain light you could see a slight colour change and a square shape...found out they hadn't put enough paint on!! and it was the primer underneath showing....3rd time they had trapped moisture under the lacquor! so it showed up cloudy took it back and they ended up polishing it out.

As i said i only went to they due to people rating them.

RS RIP
How's about that enginecover ? I thought the Cup did not have this ?

Love what you've done to it !

What would you say was the best thing to do ? (probably inlets) Was the Maxogen worth it ? Like your Ragnotti Exhaust !! It's decatted is'nt it ? loud as f**k ?

sorry for all the questions...;)

S2 106 GTI
How's about that enginecover ? I thought the Cup did not have this ?

Love what you've done to it !

What would you say was the best thing to do ? (probably inlets) Was the Maxogen worth it ? Like your Ragnotti Exhaust !! It's decatted is'nt it ? loud as f**k ?

sorry for all the questions...;)

The engine cover was on when I bought it off my mate, left it it on. The best thing to do.......thats a hard one! I got 12bhp out of it for doing the inlets, but I got the car already with head work, when The guy was doing my inlets he had a look at what LAD had done to the head and he said they had done a very good job! all smoothed out and enlarged as much as it could go. :)
The torque the car has got is unreal even when on the rollers the guy at JDM was saying how impressed he was with the power curve. And now with the maxogen it seems to pull even harder....need a RR test done again :D

AS for the yozzasport, yes its de-cated..its not very loud - on motorway driving it can get annoying but I don't drive on the motorway much. Very good system though :cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Very nice!!! Strong motor too by the sounds of things. Chris and Nic's was Hugely quick @ about 196bhp...his had a 182 mani on it tho.

S2 106 GTI
real nice figures, almost 200 bhp:eek:

should hopefully be over that figure - since i made 197, I have changed the air filter to a maxogen, changed the exhaust from magnex to yozzasport and had a custom 'live map' done on the car. Will have to get it back on the roll's again to see.....

few extra's which I have put on the car

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

edit** just realised I have put these up on the last page lol

024.jpg

022.jpg

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
Very nice fella. Looks great. Would love to get some coilys too but I don't really mind the Eibachs for the track. Mine was just over 195bhp and 175ftlb so I can relate to how yours goes! I find the torque the best thing...mine made the same as a std 172 but down at 2500rpm!

Cheers

Chris

S2 106 GTI
Yeah it kicks in from soo low down, in the wet 1st and 2nd are useless! :) can't wait to get it back on the road again!