ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A day in the life of a JC5

Lionel Richie
so little mr JC5 started today a happy bunny, and then came going home time :(

little mr JC5 decided to only want to work in 1st and 2nd gear, all others gave up

So, off to work we go

see anything missing?
DSC00163.jpg

2.5hrs later
DSC00164.jpg

pinky's JC5 is jammed in 3rd too :(
DSC00165.jpg

and not the "interesting" part

is this a worlds first?
DSC00166.jpg

(yes that is a JC5 in a shopping trolley!)
little mr JC5 at the platform
DSC00167.jpg

little mr JC5 on the train
DSC00168.jpg

(yes a train!)

just got home, damn you mr JC5

hopefully we'll make Spa/the ring!

Fred

Lionel Richie
it lasted 18months of abuse (thats the longest yet!) so not bad

could've happened in the middle of germany at 3am, so its lucky in some way

love the story book theme Fred. Could you post a pic up of JC5 cooking in the kitchen, and one of him doing the lawn..

Shhh
i have an idea for a braking mod that we can carry out fred, seen it on a nice car that was about last week..

might be what we all need..

pm me and ill tell you.. obviously you know more than me on this.

regards,

alias

Abarth 500
Totally off the subject but:

Is that Hippy's pink Mk1 Cup Racer in the backgound? (and if so, how is she?!)

:D

lift number 1 @ btm
actually fred, did you have a look at frozen solid? if you're about to do a re-build, it's the perfect time.

lift number 1 @ btm
me? frozen solid are a cryogenic treatment company, they do jobs for most bttc and dtm teams. i thought i was speaking to you about them before? maybe someone else?
basically they can massively increase the strength and life of engine components, might be worth looking into?

lift number 1 @ btm
no, but they can do gearboxes too. the main cost ( i believe is in the stripping/re-building) so if you are going to have it in bits anyway, you might be able to double (or more) the life of your box.

Lionel Richie
there's nothing worth doing to the box thats going to make it any better

the gears themselves aren't an issue, its the casings, bearings and synchros thats the probelm

lift number 1 @ btm
i'm pretty sure they treat the whole thing, it just has to be dismantled for the process to work correctly. i might completely have the wrong end of the stick, but i think this is similar to forging, but via a different process. i do know that it treats all the way through the metal, not just the surface. must be worth looking into?

Lionel Richie
its a heat treatment process that alters the molecular stucture of the material (such as normalising)

the problem is why spend £500 say for the process on a gearbox, PLUS the £300 or so to rebuild it when it can quite easily fail again? plus the labour time to pull the box out and whack it back in

if our rebuilds on the box last 18months again (which is the lifespan of the clutch anyway) then great

lift number 1 @ btm
fair enough i guess. i've no idea of the cost. i spoke to the guy a while ago, and i know he was massively increasing the life of engines and boxes, so i thought it might work out to save a bit of money in the long run.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
FRED this is a classic post, I bet you had a few people giving you odd looks when you got on the Train with what looked like some sort of Bomb.

Lionel Richie
yeah the transport police had been called by the platform guys when i got on the train at Stafford so i had 4 coppers meet me on the platform in Birmingham! LOL