ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few new additions to Trophy 147/500 - update 07.04.2012

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Re: A few new additions to Trophy 147/500 - RS2 Fitted

use my what????

no it doesnt stop them being sold.......drugs are illegal, doesnt stop them being sold either. your point is??? read my post properly...i am saying an inlet that doesnt work with a cat is BS.

Its nothing to do with the cat.
Compression is 200 200 160 200

Its done a valve or piston.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers mate i think you just have to play the end game like you say. Its so odd because it drives absolutely spot on it really does but it just doesnt make the power! was yours on 1 cylinder mate or accross a few?
All 4 were unhealthy... bit of a mess apparently! But mine also drove well hence I just thought I had a bit of a weak engine...

172 Cup

Id like to add I have never been in a fwd that grips this hard. Suspension is spot on, once the engine is sorted it's gonna be a fun little car!

williams and trophy

Its nothing to do with the cat.
Compression is 200 200 160 200

Its done a valve or piston.

maybe you should read my post properly too. i never said it had anything to do with the cat. i said a cat wouldnt stop an inlet mani from working. as already been said , it might lower the gain expected with a de-cat, but itl still fukkin work.....jesus do i have to point everything out??

Honestly - so many f*cking morons on this forum. Why does everyone think a de-cat is the answer to everything? It's b****cks
I've got a 200cell cat on my ITB'd clio and TRUST ME it doesn't restrict the power - the thing goes like a scolded cat
There are 200+ bhp clios on here running cats

Swapping a £400 cat for a £50 bit of drain pipe isn't the answer to quick cheap power!!

Sorry to hear about the compression test results James :(
Weird as hell that mate - mines done 120k and seems fine. I'm kinda tempted to compression test my own now but not sure I want to in case it turns up some bad results lol

Gutted to hear about the head. Hopefully when thats rebuilt it should feel much better, When mine came back the engine felt more free revving and a lot livelier.

Is quite a few pennies though :(

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

Honestly - so many f*cking morons on this forum. Why does everyone think a de-cat is the answer to everything? It's b****cks
I've got a 200cell cat on my ITB'd clio and TRUST ME it doesn't restrict the power - the thing goes like a scolded cat
There are 200+ bhp clios on here running cats

LOL you're right there are a lot of fuggin morons on here but I am not one of them. I realise his name is now mud on here but why would Tom say the inlet would not work with the Orbisoud and believe me as in my previous posts I want this combination to work as I do not want to run a "£50 bit of drain pipe" and was looking forward to seeing the results of James' map. I hope he sorts it soon.

RS2'd Trophy

Ok, confirmed the car is off to micks to remedy the internal problem with a complete head rebuild.

I think the car feels significantly better with the sports cat at lower rpm's so I would sooner keep it in plus it'll go through an MOT!

Cheers for the kind words and Phil when it's all back together we need that drive out!

I just can't help thinking that this money in a DC5, s15 or rx7 would be money better spent!
James

I know how you feel mate - when you get into those 5 figure amounts. I wonder quite a lot whether I'd be happier if I'd put the money into an Evo or a DC2 or something other than the clio

But trust me - when I waved at you on Saturday I was out taking my mate for a passenger ride - when you get one of those days where everything works, I wouldn't swap the Clio for anything in the world. It's insane amounts of fun and stooooopidly fast :D

If you get too demotivated gimme a shout mate and I'll take you out for a play in mine lol

RS2'd Trophy

I'm going to keep going Phil! I'll hold you to that!

I don't think it'll be ready in time for York raceway though :(

172 Cup

Phil, DC2's arn't all that. I sold my crx for one, then bought another crx not long after. Good engine and box but the chassis on them is just too long, they feel like driving a barge.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

It's weird that he still says it drives fine - In my experience with results like that you'd notice a bit of lumpiness wouldn't you?

Porkies was exactly the same figures as that, the piston had broken up between the compression rings.
Still drove nornally, he was still trackdaying it in that state, was just slower and less economcial.

RS2'd Trophy

Ouch! You're making me paranoid now lol

Oooh found a whole new engine for it?

Yep going to collect it tommorow Phil! Ill put pics up when I get it mate! It's a gooden though, made 172bhp 160ft/lb at TDF on standard inlets!

RS2'd Trophy

Phil its getting done at Mick@ diamond motors hes a legend plus I dont fancy doing it haha!

Small update, sticker fitted, Harness fitted, new BP toolkit, new ball joints and track rod ends its feels far tighter now! road trip tommorow to get the engine, then off to Micks First thing monday morning to get it fitted!!

TRE's & Ball joints
5c4cd680.jpg

Well chuffed with the kit and quality!!!
58fd565f.jpg

Sticker fittage (Massive thanks to James at Stone Automotive and Ady at N2graffix cannot rate both of you highly enough!)
ca8ffdd4.jpg

Finally fitted my harness, needs some adjusting but its near as dammit spot on!
ab18af6b.jpg

d270940f.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
should've bought my 182 engine, its sweet as a nut. That harness rubbed on my very own t!ts ;)