ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few new additions to Trophy 147/500 - update 07.04.2012

RS2'd Trophy
Re: A few new additions to Trophy 147/500 - RS2 Fitted

Wow didn't see this thread until now but can't believe how much its changed since I saw it :) Love everything you have done to it James! Hopefully see it again at some point

Thanks alot James! yeah I have really gone for it so I dont have to keep buying little bits and bobs here and there so bought it all at once lol! Ill drop you a text at some point, I need some advice on alignment, corner weighting and who is best to set it all up!

Awesome car! and once its mapped you need to pop over lincs and take me for a spin!
Thanks mate! its getting there!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

How much money have you ploughed into this?

Thanks alot James! yeah I have really gone for it so I dont have to keep buying little bits and bobs here and there so bought it all at once lol! Ill drop you a text at some point, I need some advice on alignment, corner weighting and who is best to set it all up!
Well it certainly looks the part and the wheels look much better on your car than they did on mine! No worries mate you've got my number so just give me a call or text anytime if I can ever be of any assistance :)!

I'm definitely gonna be selling my bilsteins this year and getting AST's
I hate the bilsteins - they were brilliant on the standard car, but when you lose 100kg in weight not being able to adjust the damping is lame :(

Car looks fantastic as usual mate - I need to get my rocker covers painted up and my engine bay tidied at some point!
We'll have to go out for a play this summer - ITB's and RS2 - noise should be nice ;)

Those of you who say the pure motorsport kit makes no difference - nonsense, 2nd best mod (after the whiteline ARB) I've done to mine, improved steering feedback and turn-in. It's a brilliant kit for the money

Also mate - you said you're getting your cage powdercoated? Is that somewhere local. I've given up trying to get a decent finish on mine and think i'll get it blasted and powder coated soon. Might be able to get a bit of money off if we do both at the same time?

RS2'd Trophy

I hate the bilsteins - they were brilliant on the standard car, but when you lose 100kg in weight not being able to adjust the damping is lame :(

Exactly the reason I went for AST's, took the clio to work today on the softest setting, they were absolutely awesome still and as comfy as the trophy sachs!

Car looks fantastic as usual mate - I need to get my rocker covers painted up and my engine bay tidied at some point! We'll have to go out for a play this summer - ITB's and RS2 - noise should be nice ;)

Thanks alot Phil, yeah we should deffo go for a ride out, there are some pretty awesome roads near us aswell it would be rude not too! Would be an excellent comparison between the two! you will have to put your cage in though because you will have a massive weight advantage haha. We could even do a little write up to finally put an end to this massive debate lol!

Those of you who say the pure motorsport kit makes no difference - nonsense, 2nd best mod (after the whiteline ARB) I've done to mine, improved steering feedback and turn-in. It's a brilliant kit for the money

Also mate - you said you're getting your cage powdercoated? Is that somewhere local. I've given up trying to get a decent finish on mine and think i'll get it blasted and powder coated soon. Might be able to get a bit of money off if we do both at the same time?

Ill ring you later on mate I will see if we can get some discount getting them both done at the same time. What colour were you thinking?

Ill ring you later on mate I will see if we can get some discount getting them both done at the same time. What colour were you thinking?

Mines already badly painted with hammerite in white (ASW style ;)) - wanna get it powdercoated in white as well
Depends on price though - I've just been raped for a years car insurance so if it's a lot it might have to wait, just a random thought I had

Thanks alot Phil, yeah we should deffo go for a ride out, there are some pretty awesome roads near us aswell it would be rude not too! Would be an excellent comparison between the two! you will have to put your cage in though because you will have a massive weight advantage haha. We could even do a little write up to finally put an end to this massive debate lol!

Hahaha! now thats a plan

If you're free on bank holiday monday in April I'm going up to york for a RWYB day ;)

RS2'd Trophy

Could be up for that, I think its the weekend after I get it mapped. Ill see what I can do. maybe a little poor in april though lol!

"Navy" N17 TWO

Awesome job, the throttle body much better now? :)

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

Are you using the RS2 in combination with the Orbisoud? It's one of the things that has discouraged me from going for the RS2, that I would loose my Orb. I thought they had to be mapped with a decat'd exhaust.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

glad people are realising slowly how hopeless billys are on anything but completely standard.
You need some Spax in your life ;)

RS2'd Trophy

Are you using the RS2 in combination with the Orbisoud? It's one of the things that has discouraged me from going for the RS2, that I would loose my Orb. I thought they had to be mapped with a decat'd exhaust.

I have been assured that the system will run with the orb, I have both fitted now and its so refined, the noise is completely different.

THis car is f**king epic.

cheers mate

Looks amazing !! :p

thanks again.

Small update I have now wire tucked the bay, fitted the KTR coilpack mount and painted the rocker cover gloss black. Unfortunately my Iphone isnt up to much at night so ill take some pictures in the morning.

Thanks again everyone.

James

Ph1 T

suppose living in the middle of nowhere signal is crap ;) clean my car tommorow please thanks :)

RS2'd Trophy

New pics after a small wire tuck, paired my cam cover gloss enamel black, fitted the new cool pack mount.

Everything is how i want it now bar a mocal catch tank and maybe hard pipe from the rs2 to a filter in the bumper.

f538bf20.jpg

a83233c9.jpg

Thanks for looking.

James

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Looks great.

Its amazing how it looks like a totally different engine just by moving the coilpack, at a glance you wouldnt think that was the same engine as ours:

c8673f84.jpg

I hate those things that mount the coilpack up high - got one with my ITB kit but because of the strut brace it wouldn't fit

The kit that mounts them on the side is so much tidier but k-tec charge a fortune for them!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26

that is truely awesome! just perfect, everything is perfect!

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

I have been assured that the system will run with the orb, I have both fitted now and its so refined, the noise is completely different.

Interesting, I was talking to Tom about this a while back and the impression I got was that it really wouldn't work very well so I shall be watching this for your remap.
Side coil pack mount looks so much neater if I were James I would be offering this as part of the package.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I hate those things that mount the coilpack up high - got one with my ITB kit but because of the strut brace it wouldn't fit

The kit that mounts them on the side is so much tidier but k-tec charge a fortune for them!

Its an incredibally easy thing to make yourself, there are a couple of bolt holes at the end of the engine, you literally just need to bend a bit of metal and weld a brace onto it.

I like the top mount though TBH, means you dont have to take it off to get to the cam seals and is out of the way if working on anything on that end of the engine like changing the thermostat etc.

RB 182

Just noticed this thread, lovely car! They are our old AST's :( Make sure you get some proper use out of them ;)

172 Cup

Wow! Such a lovely motor you have here mate and alot of hard work gone into getting it how it is now! You taking this to the FCS?

RS2'd Trophy

Wow! Such a lovely motor you have here mate and alot of hard work gone into getting it how it is now! You taking this to the FCS?

Thanks alot mate, unfortunately FCS is on the same weekend as I am in lemans so cannot make this. I will be doing the CS day.

Just noticed this thread, lovely car! They are our old AST's :( Make sure you get some proper use out of them ;)

Cheers meek. They are awesome! What setting did you run the adjusters on out of interest.

This is my fave red car, properly awesome :)

Thanks mate. Cannot wait to get that photo of mine, yours and Toms will look insane!

T minus 1 week till mapping I have a 4 point 3inch TRS harness to fit aswell when I get round to it! hopefully my RS2 sticker will turn up this week aswell. Little things from now on unfortunately unless a set of 4pots turn up at the right price ;)

James

RB 182

hmmm good question! Since having the GAZ coilovers on our track car I can't remember what setting were on the AST's. I'm not sure if Dan fiddled with the settings but the rears were untouched for track use and the fronts were 2-3 clicks softer to adapt with road use. Height wise, I think Dan lowered it a touch, these were setup and corner weighed so hopefully he's had them re-checked if adjusted. The corner weight will change per car and level of strippage lol, these won't be far off if you have removed the interior and put a half cage in.

If you get a rear ARB this will be the most epic setup for a clio ;) On track you will notice the Pure Motorsport brace will give more stiffness over the AST top mounts, I'd imagine there won't be any difference in road use due to the loading and nature of use.

Last edited:
  RS2'd Trophy

hmmm good question! Since having the GAZ coilovers on our track car I can't remember what setting were on the AST's. I'm not sure if Dan fiddled with the settings but the rears were untouched for track use and the fronts were 2-3 clicks softer to adapt with road use. Height wise, I think Dan lowered it a touch, these were setup and corner weighed so hopefully he's had them re-checked if adjusted. The corner weight will change per car and level of strippage lol, these won't be far off if you have removed the interior and put a half cage in.

If you get a rear ARB this will be the most epic setup for a clio ;) On track you will notice the Pure Motorsport brace will give more stiffness over the AST top mounts, I'd imagine there won't be any difference in road use due to the loading and nature of use.

When I got the setup it was far to low so I have raised it up. I am going to get it setup by James at stone automotive while it is down being timed and mapped. I have set the adjusters halfway on both of them but I feel the front is spot on but the rear needs to be harder so ill try doing this.

I have also got a group buy rear ARB which is set to the 2nd stiffest setting. The handles absolutely fantastic it really does but it needs someone who knows what there doing to fettle it to iron out the little niggles.

can just see it in this pic:
6deab56b.jpg

My suspension setup is as follows:
AST sportline 1 kit
Eibach SPC -1.0 camber shims
Max front camber on AST slots
Group Buy rear ARB
Front pure strut brace and Top mount setup

Cant wait to try it on track now!! I noticed you had welded some washers onto the bolts on Dans setup. Do I also need to do this? as I run the flange plate to take the rear ARB so this I assume does the same thing.

Thanks again

James

Fiesta ST200

Literally a perfect trophy, wouldnt have it any different. Dont know what you could improve on! How is the exhaust?