ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few queries (driveshaft and fuel filter)

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
evening all

just been doing a service on the car today (51 plate clio 172), a couple of questions:

• where is the fuel filter?. been looking but cant seem to find it anywhere. anybody point me in the right direction?.
  • inner side driveshaft - apparently seems to be missing a boot but was never picked up in an mot. there is a bit of oil/grease leaking out. cant believe this was never picked up on the mot a couple of months ago. probably a silly question but should there be a boot on it?.
can anyone point me in the direction of the above?.

Da

Less
Fule filter is part of the tank/sender unit, should be good for 100K plus.

Can't say about the d/shaft sorry.

Black 182
They should have advised of the boot at mot but its not a fail , and yes it should have 1 fittted

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
ok thanks guys, car only has 65k so not too much of an issue then.

will see if i can get a picture of the drivers side shaft up.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Which side of the gearbox is missing a boot. I'm getting my inner drivers side changed tomorrow as there is a split in it, but I got told the passenger side is a bigger job as the gearbox oil needs to be drained.