ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A free box of beers for someone local to Tunbridge Wells.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I just bought a Black Astra, and I am looking for someone with a DA to tidy up the finish a little and get rid of the swirls. Going to be claying the car soon to remove some water marks/tree sap marks, and its in fairly good nick already there's just a few swirls I'd like to sort so the cars looking as good as it can.

Box of beer or some beer tokens for anyone who can help :)

I just bought a Black Astra, and I am looking for someone with a DA to tidy up the finish a little and get rid of the swirls. Going to be claying the car soon to remove some water marks/tree sap marks, and its in fairly good nick already there's just a few swirls I'd like to sort so the cars looking as good as it can.

Box of beer or some beer tokens for anyone who can help :)

Can I suggest @Scrooge as he's a talented wee lad, and you make the 50min trip to Tilbury to The Unit (look in the general chat thread for more) as it's a great crowd.

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
DA on the christmas list Ethan? :wink: I would come and give you a hand but a DA is on my xmas list! So until then...you're outta luck!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
What one did you go for?
Cheap one on eBay, a "KingBarney" one, won for a cheap price with tons of pads etc too so worth a shot IMO to get some experience. At least then best case my cars shiny, worst case it blows up and I haven't lost much. I may even decide I hate doing it..!

Not a 320d
This is where your outlook on keeping your car clean will change forever.

PS. make sure you buy some clay and use it before you machine polish. And 3M blue masking tape.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
This is where your outlook on keeping your car clean will change forever.

PS. make sure you buy some clay and use it before you machine polish. And 3M blue masking tape.
Got a clay mitt :) Is the 3m masking tape important? I have tons of normal masking tape.

Not a 320d
Not really but its the best stuff in my experience. By far. Next time you wash the car once its dried try the tape out. If it sticks well and doesnt leave residue then great. If its no good get some 3M.

What wax or sealant are you going to apply after you've machine polished the car?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Not really but its the best stuff in my experience. By far. Next time you wash the car once its dried try the tape out. If it sticks well and doesnt leave residue then great. If its no good get some 3M.

What wax or sealant are you going to apply after you've machine polished the car?
SRP and then EGP for now probably until I get something better