ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A freinds mk3 golf boso build

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Further to my 'build a car in one week' jibber jabber in the ***** House last week, I have some pictures...
Dropped on Rota RB wheels - 8x15-inch, et25, with 195/45x15 Hankooks sat at Greg Howells being stripped at 6pm on Wednesday...
photo.jpg

In the booth...
photo1.jpg

photo12.jpg

Food... :cheers:
photo2.jpg

Painted a few hours later...
photo3.jpg

And the 6 hour re-paint complete...
photo8.jpg

Then for exhaust time! :lol:
The next morning I went to Worcester's A44 exhaust shop where they are the absolute nuts! Really helpful and seriously open minded. Well, they were gonna have to be! :wtf: :r****d:

On the ramp...
photo4.jpg

Stupid daily section done...
photo5.jpg

Even more silly Boso style 'show' pipes on their way...
photo6.jpg

More?
photo7.jpg

Oh yeah...
photo9.jpg

Ha, ha! The other customers at the exhaust shop were looking at me like I was a 1st class idiot! :clap:

I absolutely love it and the guys at A44 were brilliant fun.

Then for some camber. A quick chat with Darren @ G-Werks and we were armed with six M10 washers for some ghetto negative camber. The drums split down easy and 10 mins later we were done...
photo11.jpg

Boso behind...
photo10.jpg

Still to come...
- The wheels are gonna be swapped for some 9x16s all round because I don't think the 15s fill the arches sufficiently. I'm thinking Borbet As and will probably order a set tomorrow.
- The rear wheels obviously need spacing, but I'll sort that when the rolling stocking is finalised.
- Each wheel centre is gonna be painted a different colour!
- VR transplant
- I have a genuine Jap rear number plate that Ricci from Max has sent me
- I got some plans to wrap some parts in a freaking finnish, will be all sorted next week hopefully
- Needs a big f**king ICE install!!!!
That's it for this week :wave:

personally i love it... i am sure that is not the general feeling on here.

comments welcome

306 GTI-6
Its cool in a different way. Only the outside painted I guess though? How much did that cost?

Exhaust means the boot is no completely redundant I guess.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
not sure on costs

as for the exhaust, the uppers are slot in, meaning the boot is still usable, also the fact there is no sharp edges means it should be ok, just the same as a caterham exhaust etc

Turbos.
No sharp edges? You could impale a couple of sky divers tbh...

I kind of think its funny on other peoples cars, but would never ever do it to my own!

I suppose i don't really get JDM mods on a German car either, but would love to see people's faces when it drives by!

306 GTI-6
Looking again, you can see that they slot in, as the left one has moved around in the last pic. Perhaps they could use some sort of sprung loaded ball bearing arrangement, or pin to hold them still, but still giving the removeability?

How hot would they be though? Wouldnt fancy stopping and having to wait an hour to open the boot lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
No sharp edges? You could impale a couple of sky divers tbh...

I kind of think its funny on other peoples cars, but would never ever do it to my own!

I suppose i don't really get JDM mods on a German car either, but would love to see people's faces when it drives by!

they're not sharp edges on the every day exhausts, as said the uppers are slot in....
with regards to this being his own, this is only a second car he got given, he has got a bit of a special mk2 golf too

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
A44 in Worcester are decent lads, I know a few that have had work done by them in the past.

W

Willy

lol, stupid and mad, guess thats why I like it. Wouldnt do it to my car though, but love seeing others :p

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
not a fan at all, the only positive thing you'll ever hear me say about a golf is that VR6 engines do sound awesome, but thats it though

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Love it!!! Boso pipes should be straight, not curved though. ;)

Needs a subway handle and the rear tow-eye, and an external oil cooler on the front.

Maybe batter up the bumpers over time, they zip 'em up.

Boso suits it really well. Fantastic effort!

Never above 25mpg
LOL!

Would've replicated a colour concept or something myself.

Look like they should be behind some big organ on a sunday service at the local christ centre.

Wheels, look decent.

Nissan Note
Hi guys,
I lurk on here, but don't post! Well, not usually anyway.
I didn't know pics were on here until Neil told me this morning!
Anyway, the car was a freebie! It was going to be scrapped, so whatever I do will see it live a little longer. It's just a bit of fun. Some proper tongue-in-cheek modding really. So far it has cost relatively little to do and it's supposed to be a budget build. We'll see how long that lasts! :)

Love it!!! Boso pipes should be straight, not curved though. ;)

Needs a subway handle and the rear tow-eye, and an external oil cooler on the front.

Maybe batter up the bumpers over time, they zip 'em up.

Boso suits it really well. Fantastic effort!

Chris, glad you like it mate. I know it's not proper Boso, but it's a kinda Boso tribute. That style has inspired the build and I've got a stupid oil cooler on order!!!! ;)

Picked up a complete VR6 last night as well that's gonna get torn to bits (it's a bit of dog) for a lairy conversion.

I'll throw some pics up over the next week if I have time.
Thanks for all the comments!
Ben

audi a6 3.0tdi
I can see this turning out quite well in the end. its at that stage where it all looks a bit out of place but when its the finished item it'll probably look good.

Nissan Note
Thanks ;-)
To be honest, I don't really use forums that much anymore. If I do a build thread now, I tend to post pics of the car when it's complete and then show the build pictures.
I've got a build thread for this on a quiet forum, but wasn't planning on going 'mainstream' with it until it was finished. Mainly because people would think it's a bit rubbish before it's finished. And, well... I guess it'll still be a bit rubbish to many when it is finished, so there's no harm in it being seen now, if you see what I mean!
Basically, it's mean to be silly, stupid, rubbish, crap and all of the above - so I can't really fail to achieve my goal!!!

Here's how it was this time last week anyway:
IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Looks worse already!!! :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Chris, glad you like it mate. I know it's not proper Boso, but it's a kinda Boso tribute. That style has inspired the build and I've got a stupid oil cooler on order!!!! ;)

Picked up a complete VR6 last night as well that's gonna get torn to bits (it's a bit of dog) for a lairy conversion.

Ben

Nice! Glad you've got the same ideas as me. ;) F*cking love it.

Spray the oil cooler black, maybe? Or black with a wakaba-style stencil in the front? I've seen it done on an old Boso drift Cresta and it looked mint.

The wheels definitely need to be wider though, I agree. Or if not, give them some more ghetto camber.

Excellent effort though. :cool: