ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little help please :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Decided since the nicer weather is coming back and I'm making a few changes to the car that I had better get round to giving it a proper clean.

Planning on the following method buying a few new bits and using what I have on the shelf.

• Wet and wash (autoglym shampoo)
  • Autoglym tar remover
  • IronX
  • Clay
  • SRP
  • EGP
  • G5 on the windows
Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced wheel wax from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk as I'll need this for my freshly refurbed wheels.

Anything else I should be doing?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've been considering selling my autofinesse mint rims if this would be of interest. been on my winter wheel hub caps for 4months so far

im sticking to C5 for all wheels now

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just seen the C5 video on the cleanyourcar website, looks pretty good!
​15ml doesn't seem much though, will that do 4 wheels?! How do you apply it?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Once you've used it a couple of times, you can get 4x 17" wheels done with 10ml.

it is impressive stuff, albeit expensive for what you get. But if you don't get the prep 110% perfect it won't last more than a y other wax.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
How do you mean Dave? The wheels will be freshly powdercoated so I was planning on a quick clean and dry and then straight on with it....is that not the right way?!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
id give them 6months tops. any oils, silicones, anything that will interfere with the bond and it won't work. I'd always use tar and iron removers, and light polish then IPA or panel wipe to ensure 100% clean.

then you've got to get application right, don't over apply, leave to long, allow to cure, buff too heavy and remove too much. then allowing to cure dry without using or getting wet

I'm not saying don't use it, but if you do you need to have done the proper research and know what you're doing.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Take your point, probably a little bit beyond me at the minute.
​You mentoned your selling your mint rims, how much you after and how much is left?