ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Petrol Blue Project continued

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Anglesey prep today.

Replaced the driver side driveshaft after the brand new cv boot had split within 60 miles, slinging cv grease EVERYWHERE.

Except for cleaning the grease off the it wasn't a bad job as it had been out the week before when the cv boot was replaced. Hour and a half or so.

It's a Borg and Beck unit and seems to be decent quality. Only thing is the abs ring which is 8mm instead of 15mm. Haven't driven it yet, but if it gives problems I'll get a 15mm abs ring ordered.

20240512_132608.jpg

20240512_132550.jpg

Ds1.11 were past their best, so fitted a set of PBS Prorace that I had bought ages ago.

Calipers still clean up well after their refurb 👍

20240512_135647.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant day at Anglesey yesterday.

Fitted the AST rear coilovers and removed the whiteline ARB to get it cleaned up. With the rear end raised a bit the car handled surprisingly well. Front felt soft though, can't wait to get the suspension fitted and corner weighed.

Zestino Gredge tyres worked well by sticking to 10 minute stints, total of 90 miles in the morning but only 40 in the afternoon when the front tyres started melting.

PBS Prorace pads worked, but I'm not a fan, even with their bedding in procedure followed they felt wooden and had to stamp on the brakes to get them to work once they started to get hot. Also the car sounds like a freight train on the road and on track, Ds1.11 stopped loads better and were practically silent all the time.

@HAP showed up during the lunch break, his car looks absolutely fantastic after the respray, it's been done to an extremely high standard, looks factory fresh!

Show pony and the work horse 👌
20240514_134431.jpg
20240514_134516.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a shame, had to really stamp on the brakes to get the car to stop. But because of that I did manage to get my rear discs glowing, who says the rears aren't doing anything isn't pressing the pedal hard enough 😂

What did you use on your Megane again, Ds1.11?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Done well getting the rears glowing!

I use Ds1.11 in the meg. Can hot lap for ages no fade and consistent pedal feel, with the added bonus of decent stopping power from cold on the street. I believe dsuno are also very good albeit dont last as long.

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds exactly like my experience of them.

I'll see how long the PBS last, maybe that's where they shine but the Ds1.11 already lasted multiple trackdays and a few thousand road miles.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Was quite funny I was explaining to my non-Clio nerd friends how rare a Petrol Blue one is, only for another to appear halfway through the day 😂.

I think once you’ve tried the DS1.11 and like it, most pads feel a bit dead on initial bite compared. Some people don’t like the grabby feel of them but if you like that there isn’t any pad out there that can match.

I’d like some for the Elise but I think I can only get DS2500 sadly!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
We get quite a couple of remarks like that when we both show up, first I get the question if it's been sprayed or wrapped, then @HAP shows up and everyone loses their minds 😂

At least your non Clio friends had good taste of cars, they brought a nice selection!

Tried to keep up with your Lotus but had no chance!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yes they, and quite a few others, were running rings around the little Lotus out there! So it was nice to occasionally overtake a couple things :ROFLMAO: