ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A new era...

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Needs Turini's ;)

speedline-3.jpg

Would love some CH's but my bank manager wouldn't. All the replica ones are tripe.

The S-line wheels are looking favourable at the moment, just need to get them from Cheshire lol

Took all the wheels off yesterday and gave them a proper scrub, along with the arches...

wash.jpg

Trophy boys get back in your box... Sachs dampers all round :approve:

sachs.jpg

Looking nice there! Noticed your Clio is up for sale although I won't be buying, hopefully reveal all on Wednesday, you heard it here first.

Sachs Dampers, basically a trophy then......;)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
BBS reps are very good these days.

My friend has BBS splits for summer and BBS replica splits for winter and you can hardly tell the difference.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at Sach comment.

So what are the second first impressions like? Are you missing a petrol engine? Positives and negatives of the change?

You took your time re: the sachs comment ;)

Second first impressions are still good. Having had the Revo map put on after just a few hours of owning the car meant I didn't really test the car on it's standard map... but I have since driven a mates standard one and mine's a world apart. It pulls so much harder from much lower down, and returns the same if not higher MPG. The best thing about it is the comfort and ease of driving the thing. The Clio always made me push harder, like it was provoking me chuck it around and drive like a dick everywhere. The Audi is the opposite, asking for a relaxed drive and a steady pace to get the most out of the car. It has plenty of grip, I've tried on several occasions to trigger the ESP but I havent had it on at all yet! (although the weather's been spot on so far) The cabin is an amazing place to sit and has all the toys I could ever want, BOSE is incredible.

On the flip side... being a diesel the revs drop off at just over 5k which has caught me out a few times. Another 1000 revs would make it much more driveable. The car's quiet though, which was my biggest concern with moving to a diesel.

:D

Last edited:
8P S3 spoiler arrived yesterday. Not sure if I should have a go at painting it myself, or letting the pro's loose on it. It came pre-primed.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
On the flip side... being a diesel the revs drop off at just over 5k which has caught me out a few times. Another 1000 revs would make it much more driveable. The car's quiet though, which was my biggest concern with moving to a diesel.

if its anything like the 175 dci lump that I had mapped it will be nothing - whoooft at 1700-2250rpm then average then dies to a whimper at 4,000rpm!

Mk4 .:R32
Nice!

I want some BBS CHs for my .:R, the real ones are like £1600 though, and the reps get mixed reviews!

Mmm R32 on BBS CHs.

RB FF 182
Replicas are fine.

www.autoalloys.com are one of the biggest suppliers of replica wheels in Northern Ireland, and they all seem to be grand some just not as strong as the real thing.
My mate works in there and has only had 2 sets back faulty. One where the t**t tried to fix a buckle by himself and split the wheel in 2.
the other that were damaged beyond repair by a "tiny pothole", they reckoned the guy chanced his arm and got the boss on a good day.

Heres my other mate Boydie's [on here some where?] old 140 sport. On BBS CHs

i10660.jpg

i10657.jpg

i8515.jpg

320d
Nice cruiser the A3 2.0 TDI. Comfortabley, torquey, good mpg and great spec.

Will look a lot better on the S line wheels.

Black Clio GT
ch wheels would look sex with a small drop....
very nice car mate, been looking into getting a 140 vag in the past, but can only really afford one with the same amont of mileage as yours, had any probs or know of any to look out for??

ch wheels would look sex with a small drop....
very nice car mate, been looking into getting a 140 vag in the past, but can only really afford one with the same amont of mileage as yours, had any probs or know of any to look out for??

Mileage like mine is nothing mate... just make sure it's been service properly and it'll be solid.

Although saying that, there's a nice whistle from my turbo at the moment... warranty here I come :)

Golf R/Leon FR
Very nice Dan, I have the near same car as you, bar some spec differences. But same engine and colour etc.

What year is yours? 2003/4?
I have had mine for 6 months now and I love it, so much better than the Clio. Mine too has full service history (53 reg), and now on 70k. Still feels like new.

Mine's a June 04. Is yours a sport?

Get it mapped! (although mine's switched back at the mo while the warranty work goes through ;))

Golf R/Leon FR
Yeah mines a sport. Has those lovely sport alloys on ;)

thinking about the remap, have heard remapping can cause the turbo to go though.

Spent today taking the dashboard apart, and discovered that its all one piece making it a f**king nightmare. However, the glove box come out as a whole in 1 go, which was fine for what I wanted to do.

The only thing missing off the spec list I wanted was a CD changer, but they're stupid money from Audi... so I got creative with a Connects2 adapter, a soldering iron, some chassis mount plugs and an iPod. Compliments the BOSE much better than the FM transmitter I was using before :D

OEM look install FTW

14082010105.jpg

14082010102.jpg

14082010099.jpg

14082010109.jpg

14082010108.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Neat stuff. I did fancy an aux port as well. However, I have the sd card slot, so it's really a pointless exercise.

Just dropped it off at Audi :( Suspected boost leak meaning the bloody thing sounds like an Ambulance when the turbo starts to spool.

They gave me a poor man's spec MY10 1.9TDi.
Quick review... The standard seats are s**t. The engine is s**t. Stupidly bad turbo lag. I refuse to let it tell me when to change gear. It's got too many doors. Feels like you're floating on a cloud with the 800 profile tyres and standard suspension. It's louder then my 2.0.

So, if anyone's interested in a diesel A3... the 2.0 is definitely the one to go for.