ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a noise like a diesel engine on clio 172

clio rs 2000
hi friends i have a ticky noise on idle but only when the engine is warm. i have changed the valve tappets but no solution. can it be from water pump. the noise seems that it is coming from the top of the engine and it is like a diesel engine sound

"Navy" N17 TWO
Belts maybe?
A mates 172 sounded like that at one of our meets, he said it was just the belts needing done.
Was funny too - "Mikey, are you sure yours is petrol?" :rasp:

Lionel Richie
does it sound like this?
th_MOV00036.jpg

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4RT
When you did an oil change did you actually flush it with an engine flusher or just put new oil in?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Right, so the car is hot, it is sat idling and it sounds like a diesel?? correct? you give the car a little bit of throttle, 1500 / 2000 rpm and it goes away? sounds good again?

If thats correct, dephaser pulley.

clio rs 2000
Right, so the car is hot, it is sat idling and it sounds like a diesel?? correct? you give the car a little bit of throttle, 1500 / 2000 rpm and it goes away? sounds good again?

If thats correct, dephaser pulley.
are you sure for this. the things you said are true

clio rs 2000
i am from turkey and in turkey dephaser pulleys are very expensive it is about 400pound. for this price i can buy a performance dephaser pulley can you advice me a brand. also i want to say that the car has kentcams camshaft rn1722

clio rs 2000
yes the sound is very similar. you mean the plastic pulley isnt it . and did you change it how much is the pulley in england

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No it's not plastic, sadly if it's gone you need a cambelt change + the pulley.

Mine sheared off very shortyl after making that noise.

clio rs 2000
by saying plastic both 2 pulleys are metal but the pulley's outside which is the right side of the photo is plastic. which one did you change and what is the price of it

is it this pulley

9c6ee72dabf359b3c7360724ee45517b.jpg

clio rs 2000
i am confused for know because the right one is adjustable but the other one is constant iam going to give a link did your car also make that sound because i have this sound also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wexK8LfYrcI&feature=related

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not 100% as i'm not a mechanic or anything, also that message you just left on youtube was me lol

clio rs 2000
lol in the whole youtube how can i find you:D:D:D:D but i thing this the same defect thanks alot i am going to change pulleys