ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A picture for everyone :-)

Clio 1.6 16V

Dig the new "shiney bit" and the forward sloping radiators! All cramed up at the front and all that space at the top of the engine bay! So have they had the engine running yet? All looking pretty good so far. I bet theres been hours of head scratching over that project so far! :)

Head scratching - yup, I think everything is being scratched at some point LoL but its getting there, as always cold air is the key so thats why weve gone for a custom box, and you should see it, the fit is sooooo good, cos theres 3 bolts which youve gotta get round, and its done spot on, the piccies will be up in a bit.

quality, see youve copied the 3 tab base plate for the air filter. tidy, little cut out for the alt.......go on, who did it.

and, god damn the 172 engine is ugly...............they could of made it look better lol.

Coolant levels a bit low too.......;)

Cheers Ivan, erm I think..... LoL

Ben, yeah ok..... erm.... Ill let the designer tell you himself, will the designer of the airbox please step forward!

And Ben, youre the only one to notice that there aint any coolant LoL it got dumped when we took the rad out to stick the Kenlowe fan on (obviously)

Picture gallery is going to be updated in a little bit.

hehe :oops:

yup, taken from a pipercross open filter back plate!

Made as big as possible, under the conditions (slam panel/Alternator/rad etc)

Roamer decided to go for 60 carbon trumpets rather than the 90s, but with a sealed enclosure, should be the best of both worlds really.

Credit to the pixie fabricators (man in a shed)

And polished alloy looks the nuts to!

Just got to sort the air feeds for it next week!

so your putting the filter inside the box then? not remote locating it?

If so you wont have to deal with positive pulse waves bouncing back, but youll still get the negative as they exit the trumpet. You going to put a flat land behind the trumpet lip as it does help flow a few %, they dont really like sucking in air from behind the lip, creates high points on teh edges of the trumpet and you loose flow.

You could test with pulse plates infront of the trumpets, diff lengths to get diff benefits in diff RPM zones. Or you could profile the top so you dont get any benefit or downfall from the waves arriving too late or early.

Or are we getting too far ahead of ourselves?

Sorry, im just getting excited.lol

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 19 July 2003

Or are we getting too far ahead of ourselves?

Sorry, im just getting excited.lol
yes ben you are and please wipe up the mess youve got way too excited ;)

Woohooo i got the most famous hands in cliosport lol

Ben - think its being set up first before he plays with the intake/exhaust setups

But im sure he will tell you himself