ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A sunday afternoon cleaning RDR's Artic

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
So Ive been round @ Sunglasses_Ron RDR's house this afternoon helping him polish & wax the 182 up. After seeing that dave was after some AF Tripple I thought I would donate some to to great man himself

Sun was shining & it wernt to hot so it was a perfect day to do it

aqabe6e2.jpg

I got round there & dave kindly got the kettle on :)

So RDR then pulled out his Meguiars G220 DA ready for the job in hand. I also brought round some Zymol Glasur for dave to try out aswell so we got cracking on a cleaning session on the Artic

adumu9y5.jpg

Ron had already cleaned the car when I got round so it was ready for machine polishing. We used a black pad for the job. Ive never used a machine before so im a novice to it all. I really enjoyed it & really need to invest in one. The difference compared to hand in incredible

Heres a few shots of how it finished. It looks superb, the pictures dont do it justice compared to seeing it for real. Ill look forward in to doing my cup & Rons 182 ready for CSS 14

a8e2ubup.jpg

Me applying the Glasur
http://img.tapatalk.com
/d/14/04/14/u3eje8ag.jpg

a5e4arav.jpg

Nice reflection shot
edeqa8e2.jpg

And another
nemegygu.jpg

ytapavaj.jpg

e9asyva9.jpg

RDR on the machining
e4u7ara3.jpg

Nice shiny BTM exhaust
usahevep.jpg

The sun killed the pic on this shot
y7u9yhy8.jpg

maza5asy.jpg

Dave also got the AF Revive out and sorted out all the plastics so all in all a job well done. Sorry their not the best pics in the world but it was a nice afternoon

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Car looks bloody lovely though! And I love Ron Dave Ron. Such a nice bloke. x

Looks very clean and tidy!

What's with the RDR or Ron Dave Ron? Obviously his name is Dave and his user name is 'Ron so why RD then R?

Just curious as an outsider :D

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looks very clean and tidy!

What's with the RDR or Ron Dave Ron? Obviously his name is Dave and his user name is 'Ron so why RD then R?

Just curious as an outsider :D

Rob thought my real name was Ron. Half the people I meet in real life call me Ron the other half Dave so Rob came up with Ron Dave Ron and it kind of stuck.

Apart from CUB , he calls me thumbhead lol

Rob thought my real name was Ron. Half the people I meet in real life call me Ron the other half Dave so Rob came up with Ron Dave Ron and it kind of stuck.

Apart from @CUB , he calls me thumbhead lol

I like Thumhead myself ;)

Cheers mate, like I said, was just curious as I've seen it mentioned before.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning Dave. I never liked Arctic until I see earlier pics of yours, looks immaculate.

Did you get the idea about expensive waxes feeling special? Put it on 1/2 panels at a time?

:)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Stunning Dave. I never liked Arctic until I see earlier pics of yours, looks immaculate.

Did you get the idea about expensive waxes feeling special? Put it on 1/2 panels at a time?

:)

Kyle took care of putting the wax on but I did take it off a couple of panels. It came off so easily and left the paint looking so damn glossy!

I'll be investing in some exipensive wax very soon (don't tell her indoors lol)

And thanks for the comments mate. That means a lot coming from you :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Kyle took care of putting the wax on but I did take it off a couple of panels. It came off so easily and left the paint looking so damn glossy!

I'll be investing in some exipensive wax very soon (don't tell her indoors lol)

And thanks for the comments mate. That means a lot coming from you :)

Ill keep it quiet. Get it delivered to mine....Oh wait kayleigh wont believe me its not mine haha

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm always honest mate. Your paint always looks so slick and glossy.

Glasur is lovely. I love it's old school nature and partial fussiness.

I'll let you into a secret, Zymol made it better than it probably should be price wise. Ie it'll outlast a lot of it's more expensive sisters, concours, destiny etc.

Carbon is a great alternative.

If I was spending £109+ again, i'd be looking at Swissvax Shield, used if possible. Personal opinion after using hundreds of waxes.

I actually had Shield topped with Glasur at the first CSS!