ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A wander around Liverpool

Ian

Focus TDCi
Got off the train an hour early today so thought I'd have a mess with the Fuji before it gets traded in..

3040345803_121e79c572.png

3040345599_f255968fa0.png

3041185672_7dba4dc9b8.png

3041185446_8325a1c455.png

3041185190_0140f0a085.png

3040344645_abfae73809.png

(Flixton Train Station)

Was hoping to prove to myself that I have progressed over the course of the last year, but to be honest I'm not sure. I'm ashamed at how few times I've been out with the intention of taking photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianflaherty/

Comments and criticisms welcome as always.

Ian

Focus TDCi
first one is lovely.

Cheers, just annoyed that the leaf in the top left is in view!

liking those :)

Thanks Lauren!

Nice shots. Suit the B&W.

Surprised you made it out again without getting your camera nicked. ;)

Ha yeah, not too bad at that time of day, plenty of tourists around.. pack mentality ;):)

Is it just me or will the fourth photo not load (here or on Flickr) which causes the page to hang?

Ian

Focus TDCi
First is the pick of a nice set. B&W works a treat.

Yeah, not even sure why, but I went out with the intention of shooting in B&W. I know most people say you can always post-process, but I wanted it to be so that there was a never a full colour original.

Thinking of going out into the street for some colour ones now, but would look a right fool (and yes Andy I would probably get mugged.) :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Didn't get out last night, but went out in the little alley that runs in between the terraces this afternoon. Feel like I haven't done it justice as it has loads of character and these are pretty plain, but will keep trying.

3045315373_67b341f439.png

3046151306_77b8821584.png

3046150170_141c68fce7.png

3046148884_5572bf58e6.png

3045308359_c07df06c1b.png

I've been wanting to try panning shots for ages, blaim Chris for that I think. These are my first attempts at it, so not too great! Turns out it's a lot harder than I thought to throw up a ball and track it!

3046155582_cdb5e0ef30.png

3045316679_82f18debf4.png

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mixed bunch of replies there! I can only assume Stig that you're not particularly posting about the photos, just speaking Scouse lol.

Feirny yeah I noticed that too! Kinda strange how the perspective has been distorted. The second photo is actually after it hit me and is rebounding away ;)

Cheers Leeshez!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see you're getting out there now!
I like most of the first set and i quite like the B&W door in the second (it might look better with a bit more brickwork in it maybe?)

The ball panning shots just don't work though. Find yourself a fast road :p

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ha hey dude,

the second set definitely leave a fair bit to be desired.. more so than the first set. And to think they were the pick of the bunch too!

The ball panning shots were never going to work lol, but thanks for being honest.. criticism is more powerful than praise sometimes. :)

Gotta be careful how I word this knowing the CS inuendo enforcers.. but it must've been a right sight to see a guy in a back alley dropping a ball while simultaneously trying to follow it with a camera! Fast roads it is from now on.. but I will get a good shot of that one day, just to prove I can!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. Go on you can do it!

A bit of critique is a lot more useful than me just telling you how good they are :)

That ball thing is a bit of a mad idea. I might try it one day.