ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Problem - Pluged into Snap-on Diagnostic

Black PH2 172
Had no time atall lately, Borrowed my mates Snap-on Diagnostic thing for the ABS fault code and had number;

5:power to solonoid valve or somthing along the lines..
6:One of the 4 wheel targets which I asssume is one of the ABS sensors

Going to try take the wheels off and have a look one evening this week, Can anybody shed any light on these those? Unsure on the Solonoid valve? And what obvious things to look for on the ABS sensors, Wear etc?

Regards Tom

Renault Sport 182
If its referring to target surely that would mean the reluctor ring? Maybe rusted or Cracked, unless the sensor is telling the the ABS ECU the wheel is moving at a different speed than the other 3 cause its faulty?

Just a thought, i think the advise you will get is if the rings are in good shape, the sensor would need putting on a oscilloscope and the wave form checking, the sensor its self should read 1200ohms by the way.

Black PH2 172
What about power to the solonoid valve? Anyone come accross that? I spose check fuses and wiring?

Black PH2 172
Rings look fine - Ive cleaned them all up and seem to have sorted it, Havnt had a chance to proply drive it but seems as though its cured it, Driveshaft inner boot in the middle of the shaft is rubbing against sump tho :/

Black PH2 172
Hasnt sorted it! I'll check rear abs rings tomorrow, Brake Pedal still goes hard if I boot it! When engine is running and I can hear air of some sort coming from the brake pedal when I push it up and down..