ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS probs

last week i came home from my holiday and i had a flat battery , jumped the car and noticed the abs light was on

i read my haynes book and it says it cuts out the abs on low voltage , problem solved i thought

now i have the problem that after a while driving my brake pedle goes hard and it wont stop properly , after 1 or 2 presses on the peddle the abs light comes on and the brakes seem to work fine ?

is it all related 2 havin a flat batt or just a coincidence?

any1 got any idea whats up , checked all the brakes and they all seem fine :confused:

thanks neil

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10mins,you might have spiked the abs computer when you jump started it.also check all the fuses

its ok on start up , drive a few miles everything is ok , then the pedle will go hard / wont brake very well , ABS light comes on and then its brakes ok again

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sounds like a fault with the abs computer/pump assembly.you really need to put in on a diagnostic fault reader.