ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs remove

what's the best way to remove abs from a 02 172? just a fuse or something? tried a search but couldn't really find anything

Do not remove the fuse you will also disable the electronic brake distribution as said above.
If you really want to remove the abs you will have to fit a bias adjusting valve and a cup master cylinder iirc have a look in the projects section there are some that have done it but it's not really worth it for a road car.

Ok I'll try the fuse for now, see what happens! Needs removing tho as it's absolutely useless kicks in all the time and haven't even taken it on track yet

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
untill the back end of your car steps out because the brake balance is all to ****. by all means crack on, but you have been warned by people :)

theres a video on here somewhere of someone driving on track with the abs removed. needless to say it would have been written off if he was on road

172 phase 1
had a abs missing due a rear disc issue so had no abs,
i have had abs inoperative on other cars in the past, but they drove fine, the clio was not fun/nice to drive with the abs light on, would lock wheels up very easily, but never had the abs kick in yet, all working fine now and can enjoy driving again!

182cup & 172 racecar
Ok I'll try the fuse for now, see what happens! Needs removing tho as it's absolutely useless kicks in all the time and haven't even taken it on track yet

Why ask for advice and then totally ignore it?Do not be a muppet and remove the fuse,I have tried this in a controlled environment (a quiet corner of a circuit) and it is not good,all you will get is the back wheels locking up.

Why ask for advice and then totally ignore it?Do not be a muppet and remove the fuse,I have tried this in a controlled environment (a quiet corner of a circuit) and it is not good,all you will get is the back wheels locking up.

I was asking for advice on how to remove, but thankyou for letting me know I'm goin to run lines through the car so will put a bias in there and look at removing the pump

Clio 172
Bit of a thread resurrection.

Proof that removing the ABS fuse is likely to put your car into a barrier..

I didn't do any prior research before going on a howfast day yesterday.. Figured removing the abs would help whilst i've got a cracked abs ring. It just felt like i was slowing down on the handbrake into the corners.. Helped with turn in, but was a bugger to catch!

Last edited by a moderator: