ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS?

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Hi. Sometimes when I brake I hear a fast ticking noise which sounds like its coming from the back of the bulk head. It does not effect the braking in any way and I think the ABS is kicking too soon as I can feel it on the pedal too. Sensors? ABS rings? This is with braking normally. Its happened before and after new discs and pads were fitted. Any ideas? Cheers

Check the abs selectro rings arn't damaged or the senor have been knocked and the sensors have the right amount of gaps (1mm is about right from memory althoug 0.7 to 1.25 mmis the tolerance from memory)

It might have got a bit of dirt/grease on the sensor.. and it wont be able to read the
teeth. try giving it a clean.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Cheers guys. Tried cleaning the sensors when I done the brakes. The rings looked quite rusty and not as castleated as new ones so maybe its them? I will check the gap on the sensors first. Thanks again