ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absolutly Gutted

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
kyle i stripped it today and have taken the windscreen and quarter glass out. its having a new quarter glass though because the seal fooked up taking it out because its capsulated. the roof is now off and quarter section replaced and repaired. new roof on in the morning. you also got a new headlinging out of it too.;)
Is that one of those magic headlinings that you tell the insurance company you fitted but really it was never ordered! ;)

Glad to see you're replacing the qaurter glass as they never come out without wrecking that seal. Not a dodgy garage by the sounds off it.

A4 130
kyle i stripped it today and have taken the windscreen and quarter glass out. its having a new quarter glass though because the seal fooked up taking it out because its capsulated. the roof is now off and quarter section replaced and repaired. new roof on in the morning. you also got a new headlinging out of it too.;)

Ehh? You work there?

iceberg 172
no its having a new headlining. ask for the old 1 back so it can be sold on here or retrimed in different colour;)

Renaultsport 200
Kyle, tbh it looks as though the Clio destroyed the concrete lampost!

Hope you get it sorted fella

Is it not up to the council to pay? They must have some sort of insurance for accidents like that.

A4 130
Yea, but there dragging their feet, and i want my car back asap so im claiming the excess back

iceberg 172
just started to build it back up now mate. i'll get it done on monday. heres a few pics;)
DSC00332.gif

DSC00337.gif

DSC00335.gif

DSC00333-1.gif

DSC00334-1.gif

very shiney

iceberg 172
nah just silvervisions for your rear lights. i got my splitter for £2 quid at the local breakers. just try around. the car is built up now just waiting for valet. if i was you, when you get ya car back say ya not happy with the colour and say you want the rest of the car buffing all over.(colour match is good thou) just trying to get you something for free.;)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
sorry to hear that mate ....what are the chances???

reminds me of the story that happened to me a few weeks back when this happened
16062009.jpg

Was dropping the girlfriend off to work, out in the country, when I drove past a council worker with one of those petrol strimmers........"BANG" thought I had been f**king shot, when my back window literally exploded.

Looked in my rear view mirror to see this guy pissing himself, I reversed back and he just said "never done a car as good as that before" sorry DUDE.......f**king DUDE I said.......

A stone had flicked up and hit my window - the council payed out straight away, funny thing was as I was about to lose my rag with him, an old guy comes running up the road waving a tea towel shouting "Oi...you just smashed my living room window with that there bloody lawn mower you bugger"......I was just waiting for Jeremy Beadle to jump out of the hedge.

So I know what and how you felt, glad it is now sorted.

A4 130
Ah nice one, thanks alot!!

Ooh thats fookin unlucky! Good job you werent driving towards him!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate, and the garage looks like a really good one, window seal out to blend the door ect... not bad.

I'm impressed.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Love this, shame it had to happen, but great you've had someone "on the inside" to keep you updated etc, and atleast you know its been done with care and respect too.

Hope you're happy with it when you get it back, as said, get the whole thing polished, won't cost you a penny ;)

Pug 205 gti
Love this, shame it had to happen, but great you've had someone "on the inside" to keep you updated etc, and atleast you know its been done with care and respect too.

Hope you're happy with it when you get it back, as said, get the whole thing polished, won't cost you a penny ;)

what he said

iceberg 172
haha. mine will be parked on the road.:lolup:
best get the exhaust done too sounds awful. get on to the insurance say it was done it accident

iceberg 172
just keep on to them mate. my works might not but insurance might. was a pisser the other day thou quality control tried to figure out why you had no side lights on the front. told them it was a cliosport.net thing.;)