ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accelerator height

Golf GTD Mk7
I've been trying to get my head around this for a while now, but it keeps puzzling me. Basically my pedal height is practically in line with the brake pedal which means heal toe is tricky, plus when braking you catch the pedal. It's on cable throttle, so what options do I have? Ideally I'd like to keep the current cable. Pedal travel is completely to the floor currently. I had thought about putting a bracket from the cable to the pedal hole (extending the cable essentially), but I think that will prevent full throttle. Is my only option involving a blow touch and muscles?

172/1.2/E30
TDF's cable throttle adapting plate? Had the same issue on my ITB setup. Solved it with sume nuts on the upper bracket mounting studs to angle the pedal more. Cable needs readjusting then though. Another option is bending the "pedal-arm" fürther down.

Golf GTD Mk7
TDF's cable throttle adapting plate? Had the same issue on my ITB setup. Solved it with sume nuts on the upper bracket mounting studs to angle the pedal more. Cable needs readjusting then though. Another option is bending the "pedal-arm" fürther down.

Yeah mate. Problem I have is the pedal will hit the floor sooner no?

172/1.2/E30
Yup. You'll have to adapt the ratio between pedal travel and throttle opening angle then. Do you have any pictures of the current setup?

Golf GTD Mk7
Here you go;
qe2enamu.jpg

dyve2evu.jpg

e8ehypy3.jpg

:)

172/1.2/E30
Looks "err" interesting. What kind of throttle body is it? A different tb "lever" with a smaller diametre should improve the ratio. You could use a ph-1 cable throttle aswell.

Golf GTD Mk7
S2000 spec AT throttle. I spoke to them about changing the quadrant, but was told it wouldn't make a difference

172/1.2/E30
It'll make a difference. If you reduce the "diameter" of the quadrant, you'll get a smaller perimeter which means you'll need less cable "length" for the same opening angle.

Golf GTD Mk7
Im with you. AT said it would just make the throttle response sharper. Plus it was going to be silly money to get one. What options are there at the pedal end?

172/1.2/E30
Might be possible to lengthen the pedal arm, where the cable is mounted to and then tilt the pedal further down.

Lionel Richie
just increase the length of the bit where the cable joins the pedal, simple, i bet you hit full throttle before the pedal even touches the floor anyway

Lionel Richie
pdeal should hit the stop at full throttle yes, looks like you have a phs1 172 throttle cable that's been "moddified"