ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acknowledged by a Renaultsport driver

Clio Trophy #123

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 12 April 2005

lol Lee, I do the "Clio salute" to 172 and 182 drivers normally, lol. Feel like a pillock when they dont wave but one day!
Tom, Me and you mate! Lets not be embarresed though!!!! Fight the good fight. LOL.

Hey 1 wave out of 20 and youl be telling us all on here about it. (I will too when I get my 1st ONE Grrrr)

Happy days.

:D

I always flash or try to make some acknoledgement to other valver/williams drivers.

Unfortunately, most seem to be oblivious or just ignore it round my way.

Only ever seen/spoke to one other valver owner who I didnt know before in two and a half years lol!

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 12 April 2005
Is it just me that gets excited when they see another Renault sport? I nearly drive off the road when I see V6s!I always look to see if the drivers look...and they dont...so I dont..although I did wave at Ady on the M27 the other day :oops:.

I love looking at the 172/182/vees. If ones parked up, I always go past as slow as I can and have a drool

Probably 50% of the rss I wave to wave back. Those that do seem very enthusiastic like me but others dont even seem to notice the car.

Ive got a 172 cup and was travelling down to nuneaton on saturday afternoon. I was in the middle lane for about a mile and a half being followed by a silver 182. It eventually pulled over to go past, so I looked around and gave a wave. The bloke driving was just looking straight ahead while the girl in the passenger seat just had her head stuck in a book.

You would think after driving 6ft from my bumper they would have noticed we had similar cars.

MGP W02

I waved at a fellow renaultsport owner this morning... and the F**ker fliped me the bird!!!!

Hoping to join the Renaultsport club myself this summer with a 182 for myself. Looks as if your a friendly bunch if you all wave to each other. Just seen a pic of the new clio and it looks awful! Does anyone know when the current shape clio ends production? I cant get my car until Sept this year. Also Ive heard theres a trophy version of the current 182 on its way. Is this true?

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Lee182 on 12 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 12 April 2005

lol Lee, I do the "Clio salute" to 172 and 182 drivers normally, lol. Feel like a pillock when they dont wave but one day!
Tom, Me and you mate! Lets not be embarresed though!!!! Fight the good fight. LOL.

Hey 1 wave out of 20 and youl be telling us all on here about it. (I will too when I get my 1st ONE Grrrr)

Happy days.

:D

lol Lee

Ive had my first wave from a williams yesterday, will keep you informed if I get a R/S wave! lol

Tom

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 13 April 2005

I waved at a fellow renaultsport owner this morning... and the F**ker fliped me the bird!!!!

PMSL!

You have to be kidding? what an arrogant fooker!

Id chase after them if that happened! lol

Ive had acknowledgements from 3 other Williams drivers in the 3 weeks ive had mine. A lot of 172/182 drivers round my way seem to have the cars without really being interested in them

I got waves from 2 women(!) in the first week of having my 182 back last June, 1 cup in Stone/Staffs and 1 silver 182 on the A50 near Derby. Since then only got a couple of acknowledgements from Yoz and another cup in Sheffield.

i think its pretty funny when some 172/182 drivers as soon as they clock the car look pretty much the opposite direction/hide, even when you sitting next to them at the lights...lol

each to their own, me personally if i see a smart RSClio/williams etc ill always give the fogs a quick flash..

Scirocco GT 210

Had a guy in a brand new golf GTi wave at me the other day, which confused me a little :confused:

I dont actively wave at other Renaultsport owners, but if they wave at me, Ill wave back :cool:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 12 April 2005I wish a bird in a 172 would flash me! :p

I will speak to gemma for you later tonight ;)

If i flashed at every clio on the road I would have to get my electrics fixed weekly. And charge my battery nightly!!!!!!

Think all you guys with rs modles should keep this up but standard clios thats taking it to far.

My mate calls my clio the clit...... cause evey c*nts got one

:p

MGP W02

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 13 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by W3eeb on 13 April 2005

PMSL!

You have to be kidding? what an arrogant fooker!

Id chase after them if that happened! lol
Tell me about it! was not best pleased! He was driving a black 182, with a baseball cap on... nuf said! they should vet potential owners at the dealer! LOL :D

I waved at a blue 182 owner this mornig, but I dont think he realised in time to wave back. He looked a little stunned?

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 12 April 2005

i wave at every oportunity but only to other RS owners.... otherwise there would be lots of grannys complaining to the old bill that ive waved and flashed at them.
Your supposed to flash the lights on your car lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

And of course, theres the dodgy 182 flash unit to think about. I usually wave as the crap full-beam can be left on, blinding all and sundry for the next half a mile. ;)

Of all the RS Clios Ive seen - Ive yet to see a CS sticker in one though......

D.

plucked up the courage to wave at another rs clio he responded and I felt like I pulled a stunner drove the rest of the journey with a big smile

Lol..

When i had my Clio i used to never get a response, ever. Then just before i sold it i got flashed up and waved at by new excited 182 owners and i didnt wave back because i had driven passed before i realised what they were doing! Felt quite bad as i remember feeling like a nonce..

-Rob

Fiesta Zetec S (for sale)

Got a wave off a Scooby driver on Saturday, not too sure about waving to other Clio drivers TBH and theres fookin millions of old duffers round our way drive em.