ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

add your 172 pics

172 Cup
01.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

1998 BMW e46 323i
do all cups have those tacky badges on the b pillar?

Is cup another way of describing pleb spec,.. ha ha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
john.med said:
^

Manufacturer RENAULT
Model RENAULTSPORT CLIO 16V
Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour BLACK
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 15 July 2002
Number of previous owners 1
Last owner change 22 January 2005

Don't think so mate

I Know, its my mates, i was throwing a line trying to get him to bite, but instead, you did!!

clio 200
john.med said:
do all cups have those tacky badges on the b pillar?

Is cup another way of describing pleb spec,.. ha ha

no those badges tell people you dont mind loosing a few girly items and have a real drivers car:)

1998 BMW e46 323i
A19 CUP said:
no those badges tell people you dont mind loosing a few girly items and have a real drivers car:)

Girly items,.. just shows you're cheap, will sweat more in Summer (unless you've got girly air con), won't be able to see so well in the dark AND have a mis-placed sense of superiority when inferior.

Enjoy the pony spec! Ha ha

Gal

A Clee O
john.med said:
Girly items,.. just shows you're cheap, will sweat more in Summer (unless you've got girly air con), won't be able to see so well in the dark AND have a mis-placed sense of superiority when inferior.

Enjoy the pony spec! Ha ha

:rofl: You can get the cups suspension on the FF easy enough, thats the only thing really it has other then the lack of the good bits :cool:

Gal said:
:rofl: You can get the cups suspension on the FF easy enough, thats the only thing really it has other then the lack of the good bits :cool:

and the rest ;)

Profile 3mm lower
Front bumper with additional lower section
Enlarged rear spoiler above hatch
Greater downforce
Revised suspension
Higher front spring rates
Front track 20mm wider
New wheel rim offset
Overall weight reduced by 89kg
Spare wheel removed (replaced by 2 anti-puncture inflators)
Air conditioning removed
Side airbags removed
Xenon headlamps removed
Sound deadening adapted
Braking system redesigned without ABS
Front castor angle increased by 3°
Rear track 10mm wider
16"x7" Speedline 'Turini' alloy wheels

and no forgetting a small acceleration increase :)

Gal

A Clee O
Profile 3mm lower - Suspension as mentioned
Front bumper with additional lower section - This is a splitter and is held on with 4 bolts or something does nothing for performance.
Enlarged rear spoiler above hatch - Not really needed purely cosmetic.
Greater downforce - Probably generated by the above but not nessecary really
Revised suspension - That goes with number 1
Higher front spring rates - That goes with Number 1
Front track 20mm wider - That goes with Number 1
New wheel rim offset - That goes with number 1 as well as its the increased tracking meaning the offset has changed but again is easily added to the FF if wanted.
Overall weight reduced by 89kg - Through the loss of the seats, Xenon Headlights, ABS Ancilleries, Lighter Alloys - But again for .2 of a second increase in acceleration would rather keep the luxuries.
Spare wheel removed (replaced by 2 anti-puncture inflators) - Not really any use whatsoever if you get a puncture though as I'm sure omar would agree, and tbh I feel better knowing I have a spare :D
Air conditioning removed - Goes with Weight Loss
Side airbags removed - Goes with Weight Loss - But that isn't anything to be happy about :clown:
Xenon headlamps removed - Weight Loss
Sound deadening adapted - Prefer a quite car, The FF sounds meaty enough on accerlation even with the Sound deadening - Wieght Loss again.
Braking system redesigned without ABS - Braking system shagged due to renault forgetting to use bias valves. :clown:
Front castor angle increased by 3° - Number 1
Rear track 10mm wider - Number 1
16"x7" Speedline 'Turini' alloy wheels - Got a good point.

Not knocking the Cups I would use one for tracking it, But I did have the choice of the FF and the Cup and chose the FF purely for the extras over the cup. You also missed off that the Cup doesn't have traction control and ESP something that has already been useful on mine, Especially on motorways with heavy wind :evil:

The Cup is a lower spec FF marketed by Renault as an enthusiasts car. But its still a damn good car with it. So don't take the above as offence just an opinion. :p

1998 BMW e46 323i
so it's pleb specced (sweaty summers), got a splitter (how fast and furious) and a bigger spoiler (ha ha), has different suspension set up and a set of turinis.

I know 89kgs is a lot, but I'm happy with the extra weight; if I wear stripes it's v. slimming.

Each to their own I know. Just bugs the hell out of me when cup owners try and make you believe the hype that Renault sold them. Essentially it's a basic version of the same car, that doesn't brake so cleverly (and before people whinge, we full fatters can easily remove the ABS relays to experience 'Cup braking'), without the side impact protection afforded by airbags, with lighter and wider wheels thrown on.

at least they're cheaper. Remember the BMW M3 CSL, lighter/more basic and more expensive!!!!

Cupra
Hahaha, sorry, The only thing that had the Heineken logo on was the bike shed. The corn is on the local bakery "tanks".

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Nice car eugegall, though I think the registration font spoils the look a little. Liking the exhausts.

CLIOLARGE.gif

clio-026.gif

nissan primera :(
MarkCup said:
Some really nice pics/cars in here so far...these should ruin it... ;)

My long time, 61k, regularly abused and hardly ever cleaned 172 Cup...

Bedford2006-04-17019.jpg

Bedford2006-04-17001.jpg

Bedford2006-04-17004.jpg

Hey i remember this, what a great day it was, it was a pitty that Toby and Eliot couldn't go out on the track. But i'm not complaining, just ment i had more time out on the track. Thank you for the day Uncle Mark