ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjustable brake bias valves no abs fitted help wanted plz

182 track weapon
Just a bit of help from the boffs on here
I've brought my 182 cup and the abs has been removed and adjusterble bias velvest fitted and there working drivers side and passinger rear end the passinger front and drivers rear the abs pump has bin removed ive bin told i need a cup master cylinder to get it to work fulley any advice welcome ipad shocking sorry bout spelling regards kid

182 track weapon
Thanks mate but can you tell me why I need these items. Why don't it just work as is.i trust your advice just want to understand how stuff works

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
To bin the abs, just need a cup master cylinder with 2 lines going to the front wheels then run 2 lines to the rear, 'T' them into 1, fit a tilton bios valve, then 'T' then line back to 2 lines that go to the rear brakes.
New brake fluid, adjust bios valve to suit and it's happy days.
Cheaper to do it that way than to buy a stupid original compensator valve.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Doubt a cup master cylinder would be that expensive new, it's probably an item that is used on other renaults and not really cup specific. Never had a mess about car with abs so not had to remove it before, so you might not even have to replace the master cylinder but just fit new lines from it as you will be binning the old ones and the abs pump thingy.

182 track weapon
i was goin to say what is the difference between the cup master and the one thats on my 182 now the lines are all in they just done seam to do anythink

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Brand new 172 cup master cylinder is around £90, and it was only a couple of weeks back that I enquired.

phase 1 flamer 172
So what is the difference between the master cylinders, as the cup one is always suggested when this question comes up.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
The 172 cup does not run ABS, so the master cylinder has a different amount of outputs.

where most have 2 fluid outputs, that then feed the ABS unit and that inturn splits the load for the appropriate wheels.
the 172 cup cylinder has 3 fluid outputs, one each for the front wheels and the third then travels down the length of the car to the rear compensator valve which then splits to each side for the rear wheels.

(sorry for my poor efforts at using the correct terminology or description, but it should help)

LY FF182
Yeah that makes sense kelv.. But I heard the the 182 ff master has 4 outputs.. Is it otherwise the same? Mounting and diameter?

phase 1 flamer 172
If its only the outlets and nothing to do with abs or not then I would keep with the normal 182 one.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
But the 182 only has 2 outputs, so you can't really use that in the same manor.

phase 1 flamer 172
Surely one output to 'T' to the fronts, other to bias valve then 'T' the rear?

Would agree with that for a dedicated track car , but for road use should they not be split, right hand front/ left hand rear and vice versa although you would then need 2 adjustable bias valves.

LY FF182
Yes 105, you SHOULD split so opposite corners on the same circuit, but with 1 bias valve it can't really be done. Unless there's a valve designed to work like that but I haven't seen one!

I want to know, how does the speedo work in a ff with abs removed!!??

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Aparantly it doesn't work, or so I'm led to believe, so I've left mine plugged in for now.

182 track weapon
mine does the opposite corners and i have 2 valves and im not dead my master cylinder is a 182 and im still not dead all my brakes work. im mainly unsure if they should be set up
left and right
opposite corners
or front and rear

and my speedo still works

182 track weapon
mate i chopped the wireing loom out the other day it was like russian roulette the old wire i cut wrong was the speedo ill see if i can find out off the old owner for you edges . and yer its rele annoying thats my point to startin the thread lol
under harsh braking the passinger wheel pulls you into the curb and rear drivers wheel has more power so it locks causeing the car to nose dive to the curb and go tail happy this is my issue

182 track weapon
edges ive finally found out how it works the 182 master works fine .the abs pump is still there for the speedo only .the 2 valves only work the rear the fronts work streight from the master . the bloke who did mine was tom from tri-aid in stoke on trent 01782836609 im sure he will help you out .i think its just a case of diving and seeing how it goes a turn at a time having to much presure will send it into a spin

LY FF182
That's exactly as I thought it'd be!! Earlier post suggested the pump had been removed too! Or that's how I read it! This is what I'm wanting to do but one bias valve!

For your situation I'd suggest 'T'ing' the lines to the rear in to one line and have one valve then 'T' again to each rear calipers.... Then sell me the spare valve cheap ;)

182 track weapon
lol i would help you out there but it cost me more to do all this T ing than id sell you the valve for lol

and i thought the pump was gone but no its still in there lol