ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ADJUSTABLE VERNIER PULLEYS for F4R

190 BHP Willy 2
I was told (when having a remap on my F7R williams lump) a set of verniers would see gains on standard cams. Not sure how much but he definately thought it was worth a try. This was from a very well respected tuner by the way.

Not sure about F4R. Same principle though i'd have thought.

LY 182
they arent really needed the cams on them arent keyed anyway so you could by rights set the cams up with a dti

Those are cat cam veniers, heavy duty and strong, but dont always spin 100% true, i always check every set i fit.

If you run those verniers you loose VVT, so only for extreem applications really.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi Ben, VVT is Variable Valve Timming Right?

Do You know how it works and the symptoms in case of bad function?

Is controlled by this solenoid?

Regards

DSC088411.jpg

Last edited:
Variable valve timing yes.

It works off oil pressure through the cam centre itself as its hollow, the solenoid you have pictured is correct, and that is tripped by a ground by the ECU when VVT should be triggered. Oil pressure acts on the vanes inside the pulley to push the centre unit attached to the camshaft in advance of 16 degrees.

VVT pulleys can fail, but i've not seen one fail yet.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Thanks Ben

I ask becouse my car sometimes the engine at idle speed is not stable and in the exaust backbox (silencer) you heard tut.. tut tut tut tut and a friend told me you have to clean the VVT Solenoid is getting stocked and engine is loosing the timming so I do not know

Regards

They all idle a teeny bit rough, so there is fine line which is hard to describe over the net.