ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whine sound

golf gti soon clio !
hi there

my clio 182 is making a whine sound its been there from the day iv got it just louder now iv got solid engine mounts and lower k tec mount
first of all it maybe wind !! iv got no lower arch liners both sides , The acoustic pipe taken off the air feed one and you can only hear it on deceleration and it does not change pitch or anything
its got louder from installing this http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4808&appid=2
iv just had it service and they said it maybe the whine has always been there from factory but only been made noticeable with the new mounts

also it does not matter if its in gear out of gear clutch down or up so don't think its the gearbox
i was thinking maybe a wheel bearing because if i turn right i get a slight grinding noise from the left hand side (as your sitting in the car) and i had the tracking done but that keeps going out maybe movement in the bearing
any ideas lads cheers

Last edited:
  golf gti soon clio !
could dry/fucked cv joint whine ? as on the side that it sounds like its from in got a split on the cv boot its leaking a small bit nothing major

More likely to be a wheel bearing on the way out, could possibly be your gearbox whining (dip the clutch and see if it goes).

Also I've learnt to turn the music up, unless its very obvious there are lots of air noises to chase with no outcome.

CV joint would just clatter on tight corners.

golf gti soon clio !
if i dip the clutch the sound is still there ! when the clutch is down only time u can hear it as the cars rather loud ;)
tomorrow i will jack her up look at the bearings