ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral Multi-Car. Not bad quotes! Worth it?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Seems to be this year (2 years no claims for me) me and my brothers insurance is up for renewal at the same time. Cheapest I could insure my Bora for (Sport, TDI 130PD) is £1300 fully comp for 10 months with Admiral (£750 excess). That's with my mum, and my 83 year old grandmother on the policy as named drivers. To put this into perspective, it was £1600 TPFT for 10 months last year.

His quote was about £800, that's with 4 years no claims at 23 years old on a MK1 Focus RS. That's with my dad on the insurance.

Now with my Nan, and my mum on my car and my mum on his car on this Multicar thing it was £1077 for me and £550 for him. Both 12 months policy, £250 excess for him and £500 for me. Pretty good saving (Even if it still is a f**king joke for me, imo).

Anyone got this multicar thing? None of my mates have done it and to sound a bit cheesy, it sounds to good to be true almost? Also had all the quotes confirmed over the phone btw.

Lotus Elise
My family do, saves us a huge amount on insurance and when I turn 21 I can get insured on any (old) group 20 cars that are on the policy.

Impreza Wagon
Never used it however I looked into it recently as I was going to buy a track car which would need to be road legal. I managed to get my Clio and a 106 Rallye insured for £1200, not to bad considering the Rallye on it's own was £1000!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
If I put my name on my brothers RS it goes up to £1400. Which, imo isn't bad when you have a 19 year old lad on the policy LOL.

Clio 2001 Grande
Admiral multi car is amazing, saved loads of money! My family have 4 cars on the insurance, I pay £1050 on a Renault Clio 1.2 and my twin brother pays £1100 on a Fiat Punto 1.2. I think that's well cheap considering were 17 and all my mates pay between 2 and 3 grand! :D
The more cars you have on the policy the cheaper it is for everyone, so try and get your mum and dads car on there as well.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'm on a multi-car policy with Admiral...

£394pa for the Mk5 Golf and the 172.

No named drivers, 5 years no claims etc..

BMW 535d
My nan always used to lower my insurance.

Not now, my missus who has 3 points and a claim can sometimes bring it down about 300 quid for some stupid reason. Even though we are both 23, and I have no claims or point and 4yncb!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Saved just under £200 in october by taking out a multicar policy... Although I don't understand how my girlfriend will be getting 2years NBC from it.

Her insurance is due for renewal in may when she'll have her first NBC, she'll pay £400 from may till October to bring her in line with my renewal so we both pay together and get another NBC in October.

Has anyone head of this before?

Non Sport Megane
im on admiral multi car, my 172 clio ph1, my mums panda! and my old mans volvo estate! i changed my insurance from a 1.4 saxo which cost me 2.5k for 12 months, and when i changed my insurance over for my clio, they wanted an extra 2.9k! on top of what iv already paid! i have had 3 crash's which are on my insurance, 1 of which isnt my fault, as the lady driver drove into my passenger door :) and nicely decided to say i drove into her, despite theyre being tyre marks on my car! and it ended up being settled as 50/50, causing me too loose the NCB i was trying to build! as a result i now have no NCB, this case is still open aswell as shes claimed for a passenger injury despite, even though there wasnt actually a passenger in the car! my insurance is up for renewal in october, so me, my mum, and my dad, are going to go else where, as there are other companys that now do multi car savings! this quote is with both my mum & dad on my insurance as named driver, my dad has the maximum amount of NCB and my mum has 2 because she has just for her own car, so never had her own policy, my family seems to be having constant problems with Admiral, sending out letters telling us that theyre taking more money, despite the fact that its all been paid for! as a result, i wouldnt recomend admiral multi-car! imo