ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral MultiCar soo Cheap...£1570 for 5 cars

Racing Blue 182
We have 5 cars in our family and have always insured them seperately. With me not having my own decent car i want to be insured on most of the cars in the family but it is proving expensive. I decided id have a go on Admiral Multicar and it came back so cheap.

The cars and Drivers

Audi TT 2.0t S Line SE 2009 - Mum, Dad and Me £421.83
Audi A3 Conv 1.6 TDI 2009 - Mum and Dad £165.48
Audi A3 1.6 Sport 2007 - Mum, Dad and Me £355.29
Fiat Punto 1.2 Active - Mum, Dad, Me and Brother £496.07
Fiat Bravo 1.6 SX - Mum and Dad £119.95

Total Cost is £1570....Currently insuring them all seperate its costing us £2759 and that didnt even include having me on the A3

Driver Details
Dad - 1955 - no claim
Mum - 1962 - No Claims
Me - 1986 - Sp30 no claims
Brother 1988 - Fault claim

Just need to speak to my dad tonight and then can get it all changed over. The only other thing i need to bear in mind is the cancellation charges of the other companies, which works out about £150. So total yearly saving after that is still over £1000

If you havnt already done so, id recommend getting some quotes!!!!

M2 Competition
Out of interest, why dont they sell one of the cars?

4 people, 5 cars of which a few are quite similar.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
How does NCB work with the multi car policies, do you generate your own NCB that other companies will accept? or do you only generate NCB if your a main driver on one of the cars on the policy.

ITB'd 182...
Each car and car owner.

You can insure 5 car's with 5 named drivers on :)

Massive policies and a nightmare to work on :(

Titanium 182
Do you still earn NCB ? would be interesting to see if it worked out cheaper for us we have a car each (4 of us)

ITB'd 182...
Do you still earn NCB ? would be interesting to see if it worked out cheaper for us we have a car each (4 of us)

If you are the policyholder for that vehicle then yes.

Same as any other policy...Only get NCB if your the Policyholder, not a named driver :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
we had a multicar policy... but they didnt insure each driver on every car... they wouldnt cover me to use any of the other cars in the family.

i would check you are covered on everything as i know they just wouldnt allow me on any other car and when it came to renewal they doubled their price!

Titanium 182
If you are the policyholder for that vehicle then yes.

Same as any other policy...Only get NCB if your the Policyholder, not a named driver :)

So for example

172 - me dad mum
fabia - dad mum me
seichento - brother me dad mum
campus - mum dad me

I would earn NCB for myself from the 172 ? would I earn those named driver NCB if we stayed with admiral from the other cars ?

ITB'd 182...
Yes, You would earn it for the clio, your dad on the Fabia etc....

Unsure how they would work the ND NCB as you would all be under one policy.

Cant see them doing it tbh....You'd get your 1 per year for the Clio and that's it mate :)

Racing Blue 182
Out of interest, why dont they sell one of the cars?

4 people, 5 cars of which a few are quite similar.

We will be selling one at some point i think.

The TT is my mums, the A3 Cab is my dads but he only just got it today. The A3 is also my dads, but he didnt part ex it as he is keeping till the 3 year lease finance is up and then might sell it. The punto is my brothers and i have been using the bravo since i got back from Australia