ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for a potential owner

Hi Folks

Please help, I need reassuring to get a 172 and not a celica.

Finally I am ready to upgrade my fiat, but I am really unsure of what to go for. I am very very tempted by a 172. I used to have a mark 1 clio that did 160,000 miles and my girlfriend has an 03 1.4 dynamique which has not put a foot wrong.

My main concerns are how expensive the servicing costs are, have people found them to realiable and what kind of mpg can I expect. Also as I will be buying used is there many things to be wary of apart form the usual.

Thanks for your time.

Steve

Audi RS4

Hi there mate,mines been very reliable,would deffo get another.I get about 29-31 mpg round town but on motorway journeys its a lot higher.Servicings not been too bad although Im dreading the next one 36000 think its quite an expensive one?In 3 years of ownership I have been very happy with it,got a 2year old nipper,was gonna get a bigger car but couldnt part company!Just waiting to see what the new clio RS will be like before deciding on a 225 or a 182.Finally GET IT BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!;)

Services prices depend where you go
12k, 24k, 48k, and 60k is £100 to £200
36k is £250~350
72 is the big one ~£600 I think.
Reliablity is quite good its usually small little things not much goes wrong with the engine and drive train (rattles excepted). Any engine problems are down usually to a few trpical faulty sensors ie TDC, coolent temp etc.
MPG depends hwo you drive some people get 25mpg other get 45mpg. The adverage of about 32 isnt to bad so long as you do a few miles to work and dont hammer it.
Nothing much to look out for beyond electrics rust and crash damage.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

my 18k sewrvice on the 1.6 is 212 quid so servicing cost on a sport models are normally less but more often (every 12k)

Thanks guys

Sounding better and better, servicing costs sound alright, will probably drop into my local dealer and quizz them a bit further.

MPG sounds pretty good, to put in perspective my 1.8 bravo which has 113 bhp gives me between 22-25 town driving without hammering it (well not all the time anyway).

Cheers