ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on a damaged 182

Clio 182
As some of you saw on the weekend at Trax, my clio was rear ended by a Marc A45 AMG and is likely a right-off as the shell is slightly twisted.
My question is, is it worth buying another clio and just swapping parts from my car to the undamaged one? Reason for this is my car is turbo'd with a LSD and pretty much track set up. i have spent around 5K on the car plus the 2k buying the thing in the first place so is to much money to lose!

I am prepared to do a full rebuild if its worth it, but dont really want to go through the hassle if the car is only going to be worth 2k if i ever came to sell it. I would have likely sold the car for around 5K if it wasn't damaged.

Any advice would be greatful!

Clio 172
Bit of a bummer dude! How did that happen with the A45?

For me, I would find a cheapo 182 to swap stuff over[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182
Bit of a bummer dude! How did that happen with the A45?

For me, I would find a cheapo 182 to swap stuff over[emoji106]

I don’t know! We were in traffic and it started moving then stopped quickly. I stopped but he didn’t. Guy was only 21 so shouldn’t be driving a car like that lol!

That’s what I’m thinking as iv done to much to my car to lose it. Would £1000 be reasonable price for a donor car?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I wondered who it was that got shunted. Gutted for you, especially after doing all that work.

I would personally be looking for a replacement with the best bodywork possible, everything else would surely be surplus to requirements?

172 Turbo
I'd post a wanted on here & Facebook for a good condition shell, should get a fantastic one for £1,000 as you'll have your pick of cars with belts due.

How bad is the damage to both cars?

Clio 182
I wondered who it was that got shunted. Gutted for you, especially after doing all that work.

I would personally be looking for a replacement with the best bodywork possible, everything else would surely be surplus to requirements?

Ye mate it was me aha! Ye iv already started looking.

Everything on the car is perfect mate. Still drives perfectly lol just needs a new body

Clio 182
I'd post a wanted on here & Facebook for a good condition shell, should get a fantastic one for £1,000 as you'll have your pick of cars with belts due.

How bad is the damage to both cars?

My car is twisted chassis why’s. The merc broke the badge on his grill and nothing else lol

I guess these cars are made of cheese [emoji23]

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You could have your pick of cars with blown engines, I'm sure £1000 will easily get you something.

I wonder if the guy in the A45 was actually driving his own car or had robbed his dads car?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Guy was only 21 so shouldn’t be driving a car like that lol!

What's the guys age got to do with a minor traffic shunt? s**t happens, could have happened to anyone of any age.

Still s**t though, but I'd do what you are planning and swap it all over to a new shell.

Clio 182
What's the guys age got to do with a minor traffic shunt? s**t happens, could have happened to anyone of any age.

Still s**t though, but I'd do what you are planning and swap it all over to a new shell.

True it could have been anyone but the kid literally didn’t know how his brakes work because it has assisted braking...

Ye iv found a 182 running perfectly for £1000!

Anyone want an engine/gearbox [emoji23]

182 x 6 & Mk4 200
True it could have been anyone but the kid literally didn’t know how his brakes work because it has assisted braking...

Ye iv found a 182 running perfectly for £1000!

Anyone want an engine/gearbox [emoji23]

I'll give you £200 for the engine & box :)

182 x 6 & Mk4 200
I’ll probably be looking for £300 for both aha but have looked at the of everything yet mate

I would go to £300, can you PM me when you are ready to do something please. I not far from you so can easily collect.